Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike comes out in a few days.... at my new place, my bike will be either in a shed or out on the patio during the day....

I want a big ass lock, shackles, inch thick chain, laser guidance cruise missile defense system....something to keep the assholes away.:LolLolLolLol:

.....any suggestions?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Cobralinks frickin rock, and so do OnGuard systems. Both are in the Motovan 2007 Fashion catalogue (starting on page 454)

Motovan Fashion '07

I'm a fan of Cobralinks myself, but they're expensive. They're on page 461. No one's gettin' through that without a torch or plasma cutter (at least not without making a huge mess, taking a lot of time, and a lot of noise).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Theives will be theives!!! If they want it bad enough they will get it, I hope nothing bad happens, but make yourself comfortable!!!

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, the On Guard system looks reasonably priced, and i don't think any average skid will get through that.

The Cobralinks have cement anchors....im also planning on doing that myself...any advantage to spending the $100 on a Cobralink Cement hook? or should i just put a big ass (homedepot special) expanding bolt in myself? I don't think i need a brand name cement hook....

Thanks alot for that, btw.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Build a shed out of aluminum, with an aluminum floor.

Remove tires.

Weld wheels to floor. Weld wheels to hubs. Weld hubs to axles. Weld axles to suspension.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
do what now??

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
I just use a squire disc lock, but then again I live in an fairly low-crime area. That and the shattyness of my bike are enough to keep drunken fratboys from walking away with it, but if someone really wants it, all you need it a truck, 4 strong guys, and 2 aluminium baseball bats through the wheels.

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What i was thinking was:

Installing 2 cement anchors in the shed floor, and using a good chain system like On Guard chain to tie the SOB down to the floor.

I don't care about when im away from home....just over night.

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess if the wheel can't roll too, it'd be twice as hard to get it outta the shed....It's a very very small shed.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
a crazy ass drunk as fuck red neck with a gun
Sorry...my schedules full.

·
Registered
526 Posts
enrico vespa said:
get a for sale sign that says "barely runs, needs motor"
lmao....

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:LolLolLolLol:

All really really good suggestions guys. Thanks.

I like the sign one, but i've made my decision....

...A trip wire with an anti-personal mine attached. :D

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
As long as they have to cut through 3 or more bolts/chains to get the bike out! It's very important.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
No need to get the $100 cobralinks one (it's actually not even made by them, just designed to fit and strategically placed in the catalogue). We put a setup like that into the wall of my buddies garage using a concrete drill and 6 - 9" bolts. Just bought a floor anchor at Home Depot. That shit ain't moving...I have proof...we ripped the bumper of his truck trying lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts