Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this bike has popped up on CL once every year or so for the past few years and I really like it. It's peculiar looking and I think it has potential. It's a bobber 1978 Honda CB360 twin with a GSX-R USD front end and a newer rear end it looks like though I cant tell exactly what it's off of. Anyways if I were to get this bike I plan on installing a jockey shift with a hand clutch and I thought I wanted drag bas but these clip ons already look way to low for me so I was hoping someone could shop this for me? I'd like to see it with a set of fat bars and clamps drilled through the top triple as well as some clubmans up top. Also maybe something a little cooler for the rear fender? This chrome one looks way out of place on this bike. Thanks in advance.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That bike has some serious shock angle going on.
Lol I know I know. Thats not what Im worried about here right now. I wanna see if itll look comfortable enough with risers and fat bars or cafe bars. I've actually got that CBR600RR swingarm and mono shock I might put on it if I can get a wheel and all that. Anyways for now I wanna worry about if the ergonomics will be up to par with a jockey shift and a prosthetic leg. Not trying to be leaned over too much. Anyone?

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES! Exactly like that. Thanks man thats a really good job! Theyre even turned the right way lol. Damnit. I sold that go kart today and was gonna use that money to buy this bike. I kinda already made my mind up to not buy it and save my money...but seeing this is making me want it again.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man could you do me one more favor? I wanna see what it looks like with a flat subframe(parallel to the ground) and also with a fiberglass cafe tail or one of those cafe hoops that curve in the back so a flat seat can slope up in the back? ID really appreciate it. Im hoping it looks good with a jockey shift but its hard for me to tell.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DAMNIT! I downloaded GIMP and figured out how to swap the tails but I cant fucking upload the gimp filed to photobucket. Anyone know how I can convert them to jpegs or something Pbucket will recognize?

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANK YOU!!! I didn not know that. Thats great. Now maybe I can start posting my own stuff and helping other people with theres once I get better at it. So I ended up pasing on the bike. Its kickstart only. Not gonna work with a prosthetic. Should have bought the bike a couple years ago like I first wanted. Now Ill never get to ride it.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
If it's a CB360 you should be able to put the electric start back on it as long as the previous owner didn't fuck anything up when it was removed. Same deal if it's actually a CL360 engine. If it's a CJ engine then you're screwed because those were kick only straight from the factory. The CJ engines used a different casting for the block so it would require a lot of machine work and a few pieces of CB or CL to make it electric start.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its for sure a CB360 engine, but I passed. I was looking for a good excuswe to NOT buy it when I went there. I was on the fence about it cause of the room I didnt have for it and the tools I really need to help finish my other 2 unfinished builds so I used the fact that this CB360 is now a full on project as the reason to not buy it. Im gonna buy an engine hoist, SV650 parts and a few things for the house instead. Thanks anyways for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.