Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one I got from HF doesn't go through this 1100G seat. I need to borrow an pneumatic staple gun for framing or something like that. This plastic is crazy hard. I can pay shipping both ways if its not too far. Someones gotta have one right?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I did my seat on my kat (well, back when it was stock) and had the same plastic thing. Key is short staples, I just used a regular spring loaded staple gun.

It will also help if you heat the plastic up a little (like do it out in the hot sun, or wave a heat gun around) to make the plastic soft, the staples go in more easily.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there shorter staples than T-50's? Cause thats what I used and theyre pretty damn short. I thought about heating it up as well. I really think the key here is just to use an air powered staple gun. I've tried 3 guns now and the staples arent long at all. They wont drive into the seat hardly at all. It's just enough to hold them there but as soon as you breath on one it falls out. Anyone here have a pneumatic staple gun?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i got an electric jank son

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
T-50 is the width. I just re-covered my seat had some problems, but figured out as long as I put the spot I'm stapling on a hard surface, used one hand to hold the stapler firm against it, and squeezed with the other hand, it would keep it from jumping when the staple popped. And since I haven't grown that third arm yet, I used those locking pliers (with cardboard on the visible surfaces) to hold the vinyl in place while stapling. Holding the stapler firm while stapling is key to solid penetration. If it hops the staple won't go flush. I don't know the exact length staples I used, but I used the shortest T-50 I could find so they wouldn't poke thru. I'm going to guess 1/4", but I can't confirm till I get home and check the box. Hope this helps save some time and postage. :knucks:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have one you are more than welcome to borrow...I believe it's a Harbor Freight unit that does brad nails and staples. When I get home, if you haven't come up with an alternative, will see if it has a model# to determine if it'll work for you...

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Dad just bought one from homedepot.com for $25 with free in store pickup. Good lookin' out Pops!!! I read the reviews and there was actually one guy that used this same gun for the same thing so Im fairly confident it will work. Thanks for the offers though guys. I think shipping both ways woulda came out to at least $25 anyways.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Yeah, you are better of investing in it than just the shipping, though I'd let ya borrow one if you still need it. Let us know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts