Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright in 2009 i hit the pavement at around 100ish and i paid the fucking price.. spent over 15 days in a burn unit and still have the scars on my hands as a memory..

I am not trying to sound like a badass or a tuff guy but when i ride my bandit its my bike to go fast, So when i am on that bike i am headed north of 80MPH to 100MPH so i need a solid jacket.

so can someone please link me to the lightest/best warm weather riding jacket? I was SEATING MY BALLS off today... it was bad i stopped just so i could take my jacket off and laid under a tree and yeah it was bad

I want as much protection i can get as breathable as possible (all black) at the 200.00 USD price range.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i like the alpinestars bionic 2. i have one thats a bit big on me that im selling. if youre interested in it ha. its got super high airflow and can still be worn under a jacket with the pads out.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I'm using a River Road mesh jacket right now. Think its called Baron??? Breathes amazingly well and the armor is in all the right places. Unlike my Bolt jacket where the armor flops all over. Of course, mesh wont protect like leather or full textile, but its better than nothing. Picked mine up local, on clearance, for $90.
Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
I got a scorpion all black, perforated leather jacket, with liner out its comfortable as long as your moving. When you come to a stop in august, you sweat instantly.

My advice moisture wicking shirt under leather, along with plenty of hydration, hell a camelback with ice cold water will not only make you feel cooler, but also keep you good and hydrated.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright i am going to be a bit less vague while being even more vague!

the battery in my car died.. my bike has a "plate issue" so i had to run 25 miles to where i have a friend that has a special fuse i need. to make a long story short i was lit up and thought to myself "i have over 100HP and i've ridden this road for over 20 years i know it like the back of my hand.. i am going to dip" and dip i did

I was shocked at how fast my bandit took that hill haha, I found out when i am riding hard and moving my body around a lot my current jacket setup is a sweat box.. I am going to look at some of the other stuff you dudes listed but i need something that will keep me out of the burn unit but keep me from sweating my balls off.

I might give the baselayer thing a shot. I might also try some other stuff like that. Like a muscle shirt and thats it underneath.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts