Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so can a yamaha pw50 stunt?
i found one cheep and was wondering if i should even look at it
i do like the looks of them becouse they look less like a dirtbike and more sportbike (do i smell a mini fighter in my near future?)

so what do you all think, all input is welcome (good and bad):knucks:

·
Registered
62 Posts
the pw50s are garbage to stunt, you can get them pretty cheap and there good for kids but not for an adult, they just cant take the abuse the honda xr/crf50 does

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
PWs suck lol. A friend of mine has a TTR50 (he works at a Yammie dealer so it was cheaper to get that than an XR/CRF) and stock it has way more punch than an XR. I found his TTR way easier to wheelie for myself, but the XR/CRFs were easier to balance.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
:honda:

no question.

50's are sick. stock motor is great. just add bars and susp. :D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
When your taking about a 50cc bike, lack of power is an exscuse for poor technique. I know guys that spent a ton a jack hopping up their fiddys only to find they would just power wheelie longer.

Ill take durability anyday.

Balance on these things can be effected by any number of things. A tire pressure change of 1psi can make a huge difference. On the little bikes, EVERY thing you di is amlified x10 because of the size...so I wouldnt say one or the other is better balanced, or wheelies better.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
It was just my personal opinion and it's been stated already in a whole thread that I suck at stunting. Sorry I'm not a pro.

·
407 Posts
ttr50s are ok, pw50s are shit for adults. I'm thinking of selling my built crf50 if anyone is interested.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I gots a ttr 125 and it seems to be good for that !

·
Registered
31 Posts
You guys make the PW50 sound like they are terrible bikes-and they are far from it. Point is, they suck at stunting. For a Trail/learning bike, they are great. But they are far different, being they are 2 strokes and have a shaft drive. Not any room for adult abuse. Even so, they rock at their given purpose. I learned on one.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I've got an XR that I freak'n love. I race it and stunt it. I was thinking of getting a ttr50 as a spare. I work at a Yami dealer. I serviced a new TTR50 yesterday and spent an hour or so riding it around the shop. Not as impressed. I think the XR is faster stock for stock. The TTR seems to have a bit more room though. I can actually ride it with stock bars and not bang my knees. Which is a big problem for me with the XR.

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i got a 2006 honda 50 that some 14year old kid talked his parrents in to buying and rode it twice decided stunting was to hard and sold it to me for $250 (he wanted a wii so i offered him $250 cause i wasen't bout to trade my wii) and it already has street tires a bar kit heavy duty fork springs a fancy adjustable bbr rear shock and even a hand brake and a yoshi titanium pipe .
i think i got a deal the pipe alone is like $800
oh and i just installed an 88 kit and 12k revlimiter
runs like a raped ape up to about 29mph and tops out at 31 or 32

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
^ wow what a dick. you totally robbed that kid.

HIGH FIVE!! hahaah.

what a freakin steal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts