Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not many motorcycle shows in our area so I entered my bike in Chopperfest 2013. In an environment full of "non-conformist" I was apparently the only non-conformist.

Custom 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Streetfighter, customized by me.
- Rizoma Grips
- Drag handle bars
- Custom Riser (made by me)
- Koso Guage (Fuel, Speed, Tach, Blinkers, etc.)
- Custom Headlight Bracket (made by me) with two Hella FF75 mounted (Bottom for low beam Top and Bottom for High Beam)
- Custom Slab Yokes (made by me)
- 2001 R1 Front Suspension and Brakes
- All Brakes Powder Coated Red with Stainless Braided Brake lines and new pads
- Custom Exhaust: R6 Header with dual Cherry Bombs attached and dumping out the bottom of the bike (made by me)
- R6 Rear Sets with Black Foot Levers
- 2003 R6 Rear Swing Arm and Linkage
- Custom Subframe and linkage mounting points (Made by me)
- Frame is Black
- Tank is wrapped in Black Marine Vinyl
- Seat is bobbed with integrated taillight and blinkers

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
people prob had no idea what they were looking at. sweet bike, i love that thing. most were probably thinking the "custom" work on it sucked cause it wasnt chrome

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most were probably thinking the "custom" work on it sucked cause it wasnt chrome
I think you're right. Most of the comments I overheard about the other bikes were about bolt on items rather than the amazing amount of customization that went into a lot of these bikes.

Reactions: oldrider

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How loud are the cherry bombs? Looking at doing a 4-1 into expansion into cherry bomb as an under-body.
Loud enough to give me a headache until I made silencers out of 6" long 3/4" nipples, now it has a deep soft rumble and the back pressure is back to where it should be.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That's a sick looking bike.

Nothing like some store-bought individuality to really blend in with the herd. I saw a guy once set the alarm off on a Harley by getting on the wrong bike, quickly hopping off, looking around, going "oh", and going a few bikes down to his virtually identical "custom" Harley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great looking bike. Love the lack of chrome. Chrome is for those that like to spend their time polishing and cleaning, not riding. It seems to me some motorcycle owners are more interested in what a dealer can install from a catalog, rather than what they engineer and or build. Just remember any idiot can spend money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts