Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I paid $480 for this honda xr70 with a 125cc motor on it. Its a 4spd, kinda beat up, but I wanted something for my sister to learn on that had a clutch and wouldn't kill her if (when) she falls over.. I'm gonna repaint it pink and black throw some demonic skulls on it, and o course throw a cf sticker on it too.. Needs a brake cable for the front, and probably a rear tire, but I'm happy. Starts on the first kick, and didn't stall out yet, I'm gonna take it for a test ride later tonight to see what its limits are..

:shocker:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started breaking it down... Cleaned the carb already, it was kinda funked, still not running 100% but hey, its running..

In the middle of stripping it, I found this, and it made me feel better:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got it back together, and changed the oil(which looked like the po never did...) next I have to mess with the carb or buy a new one because it is definitely not running right...

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
It would appear so, PO did the swap, the motors are around $270 on ebay... I want to find a better carb for it though since I feel like that is what's holding it back..
Can u get some close ups of the motor mounts? I didn't think they were the same. And a motor number if u can, so I can find what year, I have a 70 with a blown motor.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so its been a while since I've put any work in on this pos. swapped the puny 19mm chinocrap carb for a brand new genuine 24mm mikuni, the bogging problem was a leak on the intake manifold(po never put a fuckin gasket on the engine side). Got a brake cable setup for $12 shipped, cdi was also shot, got a full ignition setup for $14. Bought a shitload of cheap chinese plugs that actually feel like they fire better than my ngk. Gonna slap a different cam in it, a 13t front sprocket and call it a day as far as powertrain goes. Lil basterd pops throttle wheelies nicely, even in 2nd. Making some stunt pegs for it today. This bikes entirely too much fun to let my sister have haha. Plus its not as dangerous as trying to stunt on my 450lb yami.(cheaper too)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts