Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... im swapping an RC51 front rim onto my 929 forks. shouldnt be too hard right. dif axle. dif. bearings. dif. spacer.

so i just swap them all. 929s axle is actually a bit larger so i had to slightly HOG out the center of RC rim to get the spacer in there. Now, the wheel bearings are a dif thickness....929s being thinner. so now my spacers dont cut it. not a big dif. but a difference nonetheless.

so if anybody is able to make these for me...flint??...somebody? i'll start taking my measurements.

im dying to get this bike on the road!!!

:letsride:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
stock spacers + a washer?? lol, j/k

curious to see the dimensions of the spacers though. both of my rims have lip bends in them, and i can get rc rims cheap.

need pics!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you want pics of??? just the rims on the bike?? i mean...it IS sexy!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
what do you want pics of??? just the rims on the bike?? i mean...it IS sexy!

well, i mean, i know the 929 is a decent looking bike, but, you know, it's not a 954....

but yeah, i wanna see pics of the rims on the bike :knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:myhijackedX:
not until somebody gets me some spacers dammit! im holding the pics for ransom!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
get me measurements of what you need and I can make them. but I need good measurments. at least to the thousandth on critical dimensions. a drawing would be nice

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
wait wait wait, somethings not right here. if you're using the 929 bearings AND the spacer from the 929 wheel, the overall width from the outside of one bearing to the outside of the other should be the same as it was in the 929 wheel. soooo.. add in the 929 wheel spacers and the overall width between the inside of the forks should be the same. you didn't change the triples right? so the fork width is still factory 929 spec. what am i missing here?? is the wheel not centered in the forks? you're using all the guts from the 929 wheel, just changing the actual wheel around it, correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts