Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Not sure where to put it, but someone on here should be able to help me.

I'd just post in my thread but I have a real dumb I ride like an asshole question.

Its a 78cb400.

This is just my around town hooligan bike. Its got no filters, huge jets, and for a 400 moves pretty damned good. I dont really care if I ever get over 60mph. I have way more fun with it under 50, I'm almost 2/3 the weight of the bike, its more like a scooter that doesnt embarass me. Dont think I'll get much more power out of the motor I want to mess with the gearing.

Stock was 16/38, I swapped on a 40 tooth rear. Kind of leaning towards a 14 tooth front, but I've got a cnc plasma and am thinking about cutting a few differant ones, maybe a 13/14/15, so I can mess around before I get one heattreated.

Whos got experiance with riding like a jackass on one of these? The honda sites are confused that I would chop one, and the chopper sites are useless when it comes to anything that isnt a nice ocean cruise.

Whos had good luck with what?

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
:LolLolLolLol:

It didn't really matter what the gearing was, it was more the gear you are in that makes a difference with getting those old Honda twins to wheelie. I had Barnett heavy duty clutch springs from a CBR600F3 in the basket of the 360 to handle the abuse, rearsets fashioned from the passenger pegs of a XR250L, and every wheelie it ever did worth noting was while standing up.

Here is an 8 second long, second gear minger from 2010. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6DLlZvNa0

And to clarify,

UF: Conservative cowboy/******* bike builder family man from Indiana. :)

RF: Drunken lunatic hillbilly bike builder and hooligan extraordinaire from Wisconsin. :D

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
Get rolling a little... stand up... lean back... pull the clutch... pin the throttle... dump the clutch... it'll wheelie.

If you're fat enough... you don't even need a clutch...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
You can try preloading the front end to give you a little more spring too.

Get rolling in 1st Stand up push down hard on the front end snap the throttle as you lean back if that doesn't work you'll need to start clutching it up like the other guys said

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
Stock bike? No problem.

Your 400 has what... two or three extra inches out back, and a foot an a half from the rake up front, on top of being slammed to the ground...?

When you manage to get a wheel up, I want a video, 'cause that's gonna' be awesome.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
The really wide speed bumps are a great launch pad for wheelies!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock bike? No problem.

Your 400 has what... two or three extra inches out back, and a foot an a half from the rake up front, on top of being slammed to the ground...?

When you manage to get a wheel up, I want a video, 'cause that's gonna' be awesome.
Stock length out back, just lowered, and yeah, its long. Its about 50lbs lighter than stock though, so 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Of course I'll get video though, how else would I prove how mucch opf a jackass I can be

1 - 11 of 11 Posts