Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm Greg, 29, married, from the Finger Lakes region of NY. I'm in to any bike that's innovative and different. My biggest problem with the motorcycle scene is how stale it is. I'm so sick of seeing the same old Harley's that never evolved and cookie cutter plastic crotch rockets with schmucks riding around in low gear just to hear their bikes scream (upshift asshole)!

Ha! I'm not a pissed off guy, and I won't rant here. I love to ride and up until the end of October I was riding 30 mile country roads to work and back every day. I took a job a mile from home so this Spring will be completely different for me. I used to get my riding in every day and now I'll get to ride for the fun of it!

I've owned a few 80's Jap bikes before buying my '07 Sporty. I was sick of breaking down everywhere I rode so I bought something newer. I hated the stupid eyebrow that came with it and the speedo that hung out over the front tire so I put on some dual headlights and added the Buell windscreen to hide the speedo. I'm no mechanic but I do have to "make it my own" even if that only means a couple of mods I can do in my driveway.

I would like to sell this Sporty though. The Sporty has torque but lacks balls in the higher RPMs. No more air-cooled bikes for me. I've always wanted a Vrod but lately my tastes are shifting more towards something lighter and shorter. I don't want to stand on my wrists though. That's what I like about my Sporty is that I have mids and highway pegs. I lean forward to reach for the bars but I don't support myself with my wrists. I love the look of naked sport bikes but hate the super sport riding position. I want something custom like this:

Oh, and I have a 3 month old so she'll be stealing some of my riding time this season (tear)...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
I like the bike you like. that bike is nice.

we had a member with a modded sporty didnt we??? sporty something was his name.....

somebody? anybody?

Oh, and welcome!

Reactions: ROBBO

·
4,400 Posts
Welcome. Sportydrew wasn't it?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
nice bike. id ride it as is maybe pop a bigger tank on her tho.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
welcom in mate ,ya joined tha rite crew here ..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
705 Posts
I feel ya. I couldnt figure out what kinda bike I wanted for the longest time. Most of my friends have Harleys
a few with metric bikes my brother has a old beemer my uncle has had both versions of the v-rod none of them got me excited, so I figured I would just build my own hybrid from 4 or 5 different bikes and make something that I liked
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35212
Start of small with a few mods pick the riding style you like, pick the bike you like, have a couple of drinks and let your imagination go! Oh and welcome!

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Reactions: CK 187

·
Muppet
420 Posts
Welcome! Build what makes you happy and ride the rubber off it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I forgot to mention in my post. I found this site while Googling custom frame design program. I don't have any intention of building my own frame or buying software. I thought it'd be fun to draw something using a flash program or something simple like that. I'm a graphic designer so I am more than proficient using Illustrator, but not looking to start a big project. I was happy I stumbled upon this forum. I ended up reading an article on ezineareticles.com and traced the author back to this forum. Anyways, just a "how I got here".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts