Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
boostin
304 Posts
i never said there was, he even said it and i guess you missed the part about don't get butthurt. im just pointing out the only facts given

·
Registered
239 Posts
A hhh, the old "no offence, but I'm about to say something really offensive" disclaimer.

I'm an ex chef, who left the industry because I was hit by a car and broke my scaphoid just after becoming head chef at a restaurant. Two surgeries, and my left hand wasn't as strong or dexterous as it needed to be to work in a professional kitchen. I changed industries, I figured out what I was good at in the kitchen, without needing my hands. Organising, prioritising, an eye for detail, controlling costs and getting the best out of people, even highly strung, highly stressed angry mofo chefs.

Now I'm a project manager looking after office fit outs. I make sure every one does what they need to, when it needs to be done. Just like running a kitchen, just different ingredients.
I still have both my hands, so it was probably easier for me than it will be for you, but there are plenty of ways to apply the skills you only learn in a kitchen in other trades.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
so you took the risk of riding a bike, paid for it, and now want a handout. just an observation so dont get butthurt. hope you get it soon good luck.
Be careful what you say dude. Don't burn bridges.

I gave. I hope if I'm ever in that type of situation people would be willing to help out as well.

Best of luck to you Casey. My deepest condolences.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
hey guys, don't know if this appropriate but im in a tight spot, like everybody else. but i figure it couldn't hurt much more than it already has. lol.

http://www.gofundme.com/CaseyGriekPROSTHETIC
:knucks:good luck mate ,props to ya fer fightin on ~times are tuff but wil sure try ta find a few ta send, ya gotta keep earnin ta support that family of yours thats a given:knucks:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
so you took the risk of riding a bike, paid for it, and now want a handout. just an observation so dont get butthurt. hope you get it soon good luck.
That's really not a good attitude to have here. We have had fundraisers in the past for members that were injured in a motorcycle accidents and the generosity of the members here amazed me. Just a word of caution, that attitude won't win you many friends here. In the future think real hard about what you are about to say before you say it.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
AceyK, I read your fund raiser link and all the updates. I wish you the very best in your recovery and I hope you are able to find a job doing something you enjoy. Keep your head up and things will work out.

Ninja10kid, I ran out of room in your neg rep comment so here is the rest: you are still very new here and it shows. Earning FOTM earns you no privileges to bash people.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Are you completely fucking stupid or still just learning how? Next time you wrap your ride around a fencepost, be sure to pop in and let me know so I can tell you go fuck yourself while I laugh my ass off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ouch man. Keep your spirits up! I lost crazy mobility in my arms, hands and back due to a crash. The worst part is 9 times out of 10 it is NOT the riders fault... not saying we (as riders) dont do dumb shit.

Hang in there and try to find positives... your alive!

side question... you had insurance right? they didnt give you shitty service due to being un or underinsured... right?

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. It will take some work, but even if you cant get back in the kitchen you can still take your skills with you to other industries.

I don't understand how anyone that rides can have that kind of attitude.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was thinking of your terrible accident when I checked the board for new posts and I was reminded of a crazy as towny when I was in college.

He lost his right hand about 2 inches further up his arm towards his elbow in his last tour before he was finished with his tour (God Bless Our Millitary!) . Needless to say he was passed at the World and fell in to a deep depression. I knew he was a gear head because we used to street race the college vs the townie's.

As a last ditch effort to find something worth living for he rigged his bike so that the throttle, clutch, switch controls and a second lever on the left to use the front brakes. He had a three pronged metal prosthesis on the right side and welded on a latch to provide additional control

Point of this long @$$ post is to give you hope that you can still ride.

I'm not a fabricator but from just about every build thread I have looked on the Custom Fighter community shows that if you are willing to get back on the horse I'm guessing that there are several people who would lend a hand in getting this possibility a reality.

Personally I'm never more free then when I'm cutting up some back roads on my bike. Don't let this horrible accident sideline your happiness

Sorry for the book of a post but I had to share this with you

'89 Hurricane F1ghter Project

1 - 20 of 28 Posts