Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive started to gather the last few parts i need to finish my fzr and ive decided to no not go totally naked, i want to keep the clipons and go with a half fairing and radiator shrouds.

but i cant decide what half fairing to use i am really liking either an 848 upper or the new 2013 675 upper both pricey. and i just got a set of 2004 crf250 shrouds im gonna try and make work

so feel free to put any half fairing you desire ill try to get some of my own up soon

heres a few pics to work with

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Maybe a custom one

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its been so long since i used photo editing software i feel like and idiot im using gimp 2 at the moment and i cant for the life of me remember how to crop out parts and add them to another image like cutting out an sv fairing and pasteing it ontop of another pic ive got the selection down i just cant get it to crop the image can anybody help me out

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea im not sure about that yet though right now it has a yzf tank on it so its still up in the air

im working on a few ideas but ill get the r6 upper done when i get a mouse its slow going with just my laptop

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

this was the original plan with the ktm headlight out front and low rise super bars but i rally like the clipons for a second bike

any thoughts maybe a half faring that would work with the rest of it

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
just for your info those crf fairings aren't that big and they would look weird.

my favorite fairing from a motorcycle is the ducati sport classic

really modern but old school look
Thank you sir, I see a Lot of people thinking this part or that part would look oh so perfect on this bike or that one, but they fail to understand that the bikes aren't dimensionally the same. How many people have we seen here wanting to put an R1 tail on a 250 ninja UF? Sure R1 tails are kinda sexy, but on a smaller bike it ends up looking like crap. Or in this care the reverse, a obviously much smaller part that has been stretched for photochop, to make it look good.

Your best bet is custom, Or since you have a yzf tank, go with something off a FZR YZF maybe a FZ series mgith be dimensionally accurate. Other than that it wouldn't end up looking right in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts