Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the "i love chops but....." thread, i had a thought, i know it dosn't happen often :rolleyes:

How about posting you bike related idiot of the day on this thread, heres mine to get it started ......

A regular came in the shop today all happy & smiling about the slingshot gixer he'd bought for £2000 a little earlier in the day so we went outside to have a look like you do & there sat a pretty gix with polished frame & nice paint, fair enough, thats nice i said & he started spouting off about how fast it was, 140bhp, 170mph & wheelies in 3rd off the power etc etc but couldn't tell me what had been done to this incredable motor

Err ok .... somethings not adding up here so i have a closer look & there sitting in the frame is a stock scabby 750f engine on stock carbs that are pissing fuel & looks like its not been opened up in the last 20 years ....... Knob!

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
perfect situation to call someone out. I've done it before, when I had my gsxr750g I had some chump noob squid on a yzf750 tell me he could beat me over a certain mountain track (which I had perfected on a cbr250rr some years before), including telling me that he would beat me on the way through then pass me the other way doing a stand up wheelie. needless to say I took his offer and we headed to the spot and after making it all the way through and waiting for 5 minutes he showed up saying that the road was uneven and make handling difficult. yeah right, I did it on a 30 year old bike with skinny 18" wheels.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Local guy with an 09 R1 claiming 200+hp and he has to run race gas...Stock bike with slipons and a power commander.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Dude every bike ive ever owned sense I was 9 has made at least 150bhp duh, and they all power wheelie in third, ALL OF THEM!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only 11.25am here i'm at work & already have todays contender.....

A young lad just pushed his yzf125 a mile or so her because it would not start ..... Err try putting some fuel in fella

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I have to assume we have all done that at one time or another no? Its been a while but when riding dirt id do that every once in a while. Lose track of how long you been riding and all of a sudden your bike dies and you freak out for a min till you realize your just outa gas. Time flys when your having fun.

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,693 Posts
Worked on a Buell for a guy who let it sit up for a few years. Got it running, his brother came to pick it up in his truck on a Friday, drove it 400 miles to his house. Brought it back Monday saying it wouldn't start. I flipped the kill switch and it fired right up. Doh!
Boy I bet he felt like a fucking tool after spending that much fuel to come back again.....

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Worked on a Buell for a guy who let it sit up for a few years. Got it running, his brother came to pick it up in his truck on a Friday, drove it 400 miles to his house. Brought it back Monday saying it wouldn't start. I flipped the kill switch and it fired right up. Doh!
I will be my idiot of the day lol
I killed the battery on the cbr twice this weekend caus of the kill switch. Who ever thought it was a good idea to let the bike crank while the kill switch is off should be shot.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I will be my idiot of the day lol
I killed the battery on the cbr twice this weekend caus of the kill switch. Who ever thought it was a good idea to let the bike crank while the kill switch is off should be shot.
i know it sounds ridiculous but thats happened TENS of times when i worked at honda. so many ppl will come in "my bike cranks but wont start" go outside hook up a battery to it (because they kept trying to run it until i dies) click the switch and bam.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts