Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just posted another thread having to do with my day and the eventual lead to my fiberglass tail section.

Sitting in my garage today, the sky broke for awhile, and I popped the door open, rolled out my Busa, washed it down, and started chillin with the Ole Gixxer. Just sitting there minding my own business some kid rolls up and starts lookin at my bikes. So the first thing out of his mouth is " my Dad rides a really cool chopper", you can prolly imagine how impressed I am with that!! " Right on I say",
"that is a nice bike out in your driveway, what are you doing with this one?" he asks??

" just kinda wrenchin" (I have no desire to explain the Street Fighter thing to an 11yr old)

"My dad and I drove past here the other day and seen you working, he said you should take it to the scrapyard and get rid of it!"

I am now getting tired of the conversation, and reached into my pocket to hit the volume on my phone so I could walk away without running a T-handle thru his eye.

I think yougins father lives 2 doors down and has the loudest, shinniest piece of glistening chrome on the street! Can't wait to pull up next to him on the completely hand fabbed fighter, and blast his ears with a shorty can, and the Rev-Limiter!!!! :knucks:

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Can't expect the kid to understand... but with a dad like that he'll probably grow up to misunderstand everything about the streetfighter aesthetic. It's the same with everything with those people: Choppers vs. fighters, Nascar vs. Rally or Lemans, Macdonalds vs.... real food. you name it.

My girlfriends dad drives a harley sportster, but at least he and I share the same philosophy about bikes, if not taste in bikes themselves. stripped down, minimalist, and functional. (his harley has the 1200 conversion and no windshield, bags, sissy bar, or anything) He just likes chrome where I like flat black.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Honestly, I think the bs between harley/chopper people and sportbike/fighters is fucking retarded. Who gives a shit who rides what?!?! The important thing is we're all out riding. Everyone has different tastes and like different style of bikes. It's such a waste of time. That being said....the love of nascar and professional wrestling is inexcusable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen on the just ride ethic. I don't normaly have any problem with anyone who rides anything, I have alot of buddies that ride Harleys. But they only ride them because they in turn have buddies that ride them. Are you seeing the big ugly circle?? All it takes is a little sense, and the ability to step away from "status quo"

Why is it that they can't stop watching the damn wrestling though?

·
The Polish Prince
947 Posts
trav72 said:
Who gives a shit who rides what?!?!
You have to understand that 95% of people who ride harley's and choppers are posers and they know it, so they make themselves feel better by running everyone else down. So the answer to your question is that THEY give a shit. The better question is who gives a shit what a bunch of posers who don't know a t-handle from an allen from a friggin' socket think?

Oh, and nascar used to be awesome until they got rid of all the short tracks and went nothing but speedway. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I completely agree with that. I've got a neighbor who rides.....no wait, has a harley. He starts it up every Sat. morning, let's it idle for 20 minutes while reving it a 100 times, finally gets on it and rides around the block. When he gets back he polishes it up from his "long" ride and puts it back in his garage. So he would fit the poser definition and I could give a rats ass what he thinks.

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
I personally believe in just riding, right now I ride a bobber, am building a chopper, and have a fighter project going. to me it doesnt matter what you ride as long as you believe trailers are made for boats! of course, I am the one in my club that gets bored and rides 1500 miles in less than 36 hours just to find out if I can do it...... or the 17 hour 800 mile round trip to mexico I did one saturday because the Coronas are better south of the border.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How absolutely appropriate that I made this post on this day!! I was watching sports center on ESPN to catch up on what is happening across the NHL Playoffs, and here come Tony Stewart!!!

Has any one seen this moron?? Today he appologizing for making comments likening Nascar to Professional Wrestling!!!! Shoot me if I am making this shit up! Turn it on, and laugh, because we called this way earlier last night!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA,,, Go fast, Turn left, Drink some Pabst!!!! now you too are a Nascar Driver!!!!

I will drag a knee, (both of them), and nurse a Newcastle anyday!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
You know its funny because I come from the stand point of liking chops and bobs. I love the minimalist look. But I love the performance of a sportbike. So whats the best of both worlds? Streetfighter.

Now I need to get my ass off my shoulders and get my fighter started.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
The last time I wheelied I blew the fork seals and wobbled to a stop on the side of the freeway and decided I'd stick to the kind of wheelies that happen on their own when you're coming out of a corner.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
ehh, who cares, whether someone likes nascar, wrestling, choppers, harleys, streetfighters, to be honest i could really give 2 fucks less. I ride what I want, and watch what i want for entertainment. Its posts like some of these that make it seem like people are making there bikes into "streetfighters" just to be different. Probably the same people that like band, then they get popular, then they are all like, oh, they are sell outs, even though the same song that is popular is the one they liked. end rant

1 - 20 of 44 Posts