Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have those pics. Bank pic and my word is all I have. If you have an issue with my build thread, take it up with a mod. If you want a pic of the naked frame with a newspaper for today, I'm fine with snapping a pic of that.

All entrants MUST post pictures showing the bike in its starting condition with legitimate proof of date in the picture - Newspaper is preferable.
Bike's in a U-haul trailer, and my second pic shows the rental. That's all the proof I have. If you have any other comments/concerns, PM me.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
"Tha Rules" state
Wolfman said:
All entrants MUST post pictures showing the bike in its starting condition with legitimate proof of date in the picture - Newspaper is preferable.

Only the work done to the bike from the starting point until the final date will be judged. So any mods you already have will NOT be considered as part of your work done (however may still contribute to the final product of your bike so don't feel bad if you've already started).
IMO, you're entering the contest with a bare frame as that is how the bike currently was/is when you officially entered the contest today. Therefore you should get a pic with a present time/date reference.

Later, Doug

Reactions: eatabullet

·
☢
5,596 Posts
I don't have those pics. Bank pic and my word is all I have. If you have an issue with my build thread, take it up with a mod. If you want a pic of the naked frame with a newspaper for today, I'm fine with snapping a pic of that.

Bike's in a U-haul trailer, and my second pic shows the rental. That's all the proof I have. If you have any other comments/concerns, PM me.
hi. i'm a mod :)

The dated pic is because the contest is not judged on any prior work. So as Doug stated, you're entering with a bare frame and parts. so a newspaper on the frame when you get started again would be proof of the condition.
I don't want anyone dq'd on a technicality.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I worked so hard, scrubbing up them dirty things!! I'll post a pic when I get home, later tonight :)

BUT consider the following:

-The contest starts Nov. 1st, and end May 25st.
-The rules specify that the contestant must prove the condition of the bike and build start date.
-Through my VIN and documents of registration, I came into possession of the bike well into the contest, regardless of the contestant date of entry, and pictures documenting the work thereafter show the current condition of the bike, hence eliminating the possibility of previous work being performed on the bike.

In a situation like this, Contra Proferentem applies, swinging the ruling to my favor.

But then again, we're on the internets, and this is just a bike forum :fu:

·
☢
5,596 Posts
-Through my VIN and documents of registration, I came into possession of the bike well into the contest, regardless of the contestant date of entry, and pictures documenting the work thereafter show the current condition of the bike, hence eliminating the possibility of previous work being performed on the bike.
all we need now, is proof.

ieatglue said:
I'll post a pic when I get home, later tonight
thank you :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Ieatglue's 89 GSXR 750 Build Thread

Like all the pictures. Im in the same boat buddy. cleaning up years of grime and pure disrespect...

Keep on it man and it will be worth it in the end.

What are you plans? do you have your colors picked out? what modifications would you like to complete on this?

Cheers
Tupp

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Ieatglue's 89 GSXR 750 Build Thread

I honestly don't know. I have about 500 streetfighter pics downloaded but I don't know what I'm going to go for. What I'm doing now is cleaning up all the parts that won't be modded or changed and reinstalling them (Frame, swingarm, suspensions links, forks after rebuilding, repacking bearings, bondo and prime gas tank, rebuild petcock, refinish/refresh engine, sandblast headers. Most of the stuff won't cost me anything. When I start putting money into it, i'll have to get a concept together. I do know that I'm losing the rear end. It's going to be just 1 saddle

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Hi. This is gonna be fun having another slingshot in the buildoff, but I gotta set you straight on one thing. This is not JUST a forum! Youll find that out if you stick around though. By the way, why is everyone so mad at Tupp?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was actually just going through your build yesterday! I think the hardest part for me now is to decide on a design for this bike. It's all stripped down so I don't know if I shoud keep it the way it is, or have it powdercoated black while it's still apart

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
By the way, why is everyone so mad at Tupp?
I think Tupp originally made the post in the BUILD thread and it was moved here along with the FU's.

Ieatglue,

The great thing about Slingshot's is that they are a great base for 'fighters, but the bad thing is that they're such a great base that almost every style/design has been done.

Later, Doug

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think Tupp originally made the post in the BUILD thread and it was moved here along with the FU's.

Ieatglue,

The great thing about Slignshot's is that they are a great base for 'fighters, but the bad thing is that they're such a great base that almost every style/design has been done.

Later, Doug
I went through the bike specific pic and you're absolutely right. I wanted to do something along the lines of steampunk, but i don't think it would suit a gsxr. It's more of a pre 80's bike thing. I guess I'll start rebuilding her and see where it goes from there

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I dont care if its already been done. In fact, I wanted to build mine based on the old school European and British streetfighters but decided against it cause I liked other parts too much that wouldnt fit the theme. I think theres still ways of making a slingshot stand out. I mean when you think about it, the same can be said for all streetfighters. That same style can be grafted onto any sportbike, not just slingshots.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts