Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if its free.. .. it me. the revival of a 93 zx600c ....

ell heres my build thred. Im not held accountable for bad grammar or creative spelling.

Itbwas dropped and put away. Given to washtenaw community college bike program as a project where it sat for awhile. My friend burke was then given this bike by his instructor... and finally given to me.

Here she his as i recieved it.

All he knew was the brakes werk and it has new tires. So being a new free project job 1 was getting to crank. Check spark/ compression and clean carbs and see if itll live before anything else happens... if it didnt run ida parted it down and bought a roller of a larger frame bike.

Well lets see what the fuck were werkin with

Carbs are off plugs look fair ,oil doesnt smell of gas , got compression and spark. So i look throo the wire harness.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I clean thatbup a bit stick it back together and get to the carbs... and as always almost every slide cap and bowl screw are fucked. But i prevail with a mans grip and a pair of regular house pliers.

Got em all clenaed up and in good working order . Time to light this firecracker. Got no keys so gas tank is useless and i got a toggle switch ign :). First clip is its actuall first start only money spent was on carb cleaner up to this point. .. battery is borrowed for this test.

Clicky..... note is a lil noisy since the emissions tubes are off

This clip i hooked up em and decided to let it go throo a heat cycle and see if gauges and fans operate. It is not jetted for no air box and lackes the plenum vaccum to draw fuel above 6k revs or so... butt this clip is proof of theory and allowed me to start puttin a lil dough in this thing

Clicky

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So in my searches to stretch the wheelbase a lilbit and swinger swap info i got a 98 zx6r swingarm for 35$ shipped. Got a 02 zx6r wheel,fresh tire, rotor and cush for 130 shipped. 35 more for caliper and bracket.

Here we go.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New swinger is 2" longer from pivot center to axle center at the middle of adjustment travel. Im very happy with that..

Idea 1. Full saddle with what will be a small tail. Stock sub with 2 diagonals in to make it look trellaced ( electrical tapes for visual aid.)

Here youll see theres 2 coilovers hidden in there. Im lopping all the monoshock and centerstand shit off. Secondly i notice alot of folks just relocating the mono to the top.. thats just simply an incorrect use of the mono's spring rates and valving vs stroke vs effective operating ranges. Sorry you just can get around that.
So instead i got a set of leftover c'overs from my thundercat1000 longtravel conversion i did. They are sprung and valved as a pair to hold and control round 450 lbs over a larger stroke i.e. should ride nice in its full travel.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That brings us to option 2 just everysingle other c series owner has..... bob the fucker. But do it a lil bit diff and maybe a tad nicer . Obviously new sub to be made to accomodate.. seat will be stretched 2" as well. Im a tall an heavy fella so im tailoring it a bit. ...

Needs early 636 tire hugger. Stock but modified belly pan. Buell round headlampand windscreen. Oh and update the front end a lil bit.

·
Pic addict
2,001 Posts
Looking good. Like the twin inboard shock idea. Subbed.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive ordered 95 zx6e 41mm forks n triples with axle, spacers and speedo drive for 88$ shipped . And since front wheels are like fucking gold. I have been heart broken at how much a front wheel/rotors/tire will cost me..... then in a random search the other day.... i find a 95 zx6e front. Complete. No reserve. 41$ shipped.

Clearly the tire is shit but its good for rollin during mockup.

Now strip her down nekkid and get ready for some cuttin and weldin.

I juat dunno what to do about a tank. Mines rusted throo and i got mad and hit it with a hammer when i saw the leak :( .... so. Theres 3 tanks on all of fucking ebay.. all are guna run round 300$ to my door. So do i single backbone it and open myself to much wider variety of tank? But i need something thattl allow me to at least make the stock saddle jive with it and have no less than 3 gall capacity...

And here i am with tracking info for my front end.. and noone is working at the computer that updates the infos.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
nice start to what should be a nice bike. good luck and keep the pictures coming

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice start to what should be a nice bike. good luck and keep the pictures coming

Thanks for the words.guys. im only halfway throo the parts gathering process.ugh. .notyer week or so i should have the frame fab dealt with. Unless i endup single back bonin it.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i like this build man. and i definitely like the bobber, but i think the stock seat could look really good with a bit more subframe angle

i got a few friends who go to wcc....
yours are obviously much cooler though since mine never gave me a free project bike lol

anyhow its lookin good man, cant wait to see it finished up.

Also you should take a picture of the backbone for us and we can see if theres anything similar that can fit. (if you measure the width of tank etc, i have a ex250 tank with similar backbone)

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like this build man. and i definitely like the bobber, but i think the stock seat could look really good with a bit more subframe angle

i got a few friends who go to wcc....
yours are obviously much cooler though since mine never gave me a free project bike lol

anyhow its lookin good man, cant wait to see it finished up.

Also you should take a picture of the backbone for us and we can see if theres anything similar that can fit. (if you measure the width of tank etc, i have a ex250 tank with similar backbone)

Burke dawson is my wcc buddies name. As far as the tank goes im tryin to score the kz750 tank in the classifieds... its a double to single backbone frame with a nice wide tank tunnel a 4 gal capacity.. thats the plan as of 30 min ago. Lol. If i can strike a deal it should look tits on this thing.

Heres the thing about the rear seat..... i fookin love the shape of it. Love love the angle of it all. So the thought is to possibly pull the vynil off and glass it. Make the sub a bit more appealing.

Well see how it shakes out..

Thanks for the support.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like im purchasing the kz750 tank.... im STILL waiting on the frontend to arrive. Calipers and master should be shipped today..
But 2 of these came :). Hooray for stickers.

Can any zed fans shine some light on valvetrain adjustment. I found a thread a while back discussing incorrect lash vs. Low compression.

Cant find it again.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hooray my forks and triples came today.. 95 zx6e 41mm forks/triples drop right in..

Proper stance

Now im just waiting on the front brake set.. tank .chain . Jet kit.. and i can start all the fabbin..

·
I keeps it old skoo
418 Posts
Awesome build, subscribed. ZX600's popping up ALL over the place! Makes me glad I'm not selling mine after all....

Is your new rear wheel's sprocket going to line up? I'm fitting my ZX600 with a 05/06 GSXR swingarm and 17x6" 636 rear wheel.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its very close. Once the swinger is in and centered im very sure itll be dead on . I noticed as well these old 600r's coming outta the woodwork.. nice to see.. fwiw im already looking for frames.and shit for.the next bike.. something bigger. And steel tube

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awsome lil happening... i was at the shop and guy next door comes over and hands me these led panel tails from his 53 chevy... says ill give you these if you solder some light sockets to some brackets... i said pffft done. Gimmie!

45 led's per panel. Does stop tail AND turn. :) ... this is good.. i already have a led strobe controller to strobe the led's upon brake engagement. Giggity. Now i just gotta figgure out where and how. :/:)

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
So to make light... heres a pic of my ugly mug sittin on the thinkin chair pickin out the.color of my bike :)

:D

Or you have a color book in the shitter to match the color of the discharge to the STD. :)

Just kidding man. Keep on workin, and keep updating with pics please.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She said she was fuckin clean. Think i can get a lawsuit?

Still waitim on the front brake system i bought from a member last week. I have to do some measuring.. the zx6e triples i have are about 1/2" to short on offset. So i may end up getting my zxc triples hogged out for the 41mm tubes... we shall see. Thank god theres a machine shop next door to our shop.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts