Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Named after my old goofy hound dog from a while back. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures. But imma try and hope this works The plan is to keep is simple and not jump so far past my skill level I screw it up. Its a 91 gixxer 750. Planning on painting it van halen frankenstrat red black and white in the end. Of course it will never actually end though...always gonna change something on it every once and a while. Definatly want new bars and some risers next. Money is super tight on this though.... lol I kinda jump back and forth with being obsessed with climbing or bikes so there may be weeks or months of no updates and progress. :D
2013-07-02 13.47.16.jpg
935230_370064483098238_1878459774_n.jpg

starting with the tail to make a fairly simple new one.
Kind of the preliminary shape as i was making it up WP_000346.jpg

Throwing bondo on it to change some imperfections from tape and cardboard. Im not too worried about complete symmetry
V__DC97.jpg
V__CEB5.jpg

I hope these pics work....

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Looks good so far. I know you said money is tight, but you may want to pick up some Evercoat Gold body filler. It is so much easier to work with and sand than the pink stuff. I used to use Bondo and go so frustrated that I would just give up. It's like sanding concrete.

Are you planning on making a mold or making the final piece from your plug?

Keep it up!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking just pulling it straight from the plug and trimming it up after. It may be little while longer before that thought because of the friggin cold

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worked out some risers and got the wrong size so decided to improvise and I made some adapters using 1/8in flat stock aluminum from the depot of homes. I'll try and post pics soon. Hopefully gonna drill the triple tree too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts