Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitting uprights on dirt bike risers on my 99 Gixxer. 600
So removed clip ons .....now I'm reading that I require new cables and lines? What do I need guys please? Plus 4-6"??

Obviously I found that some are toooo short for dirt bike bars.....can any one here assist me?

In theory, I'm thinking will BANDIT lines n cables do the job? Or buying all new?

I can't find OEM measurements to add 4-6"?

It's actually really dain my tits in guys.

Thanks in advance

B the novice

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
There`s several companies that will make you custom length brake lines for the same price as "normal" ones, WezMoto and HEL Performance to name a few. Both seem to have their main office at Exeter but they send worldwide so you`ll be able to get what you need through either at any color of your own choosing. I`ve had good experience with Wez guys myself, never dealt with HEL but know of many that swear by them.

Simply look where the old ones end and measure how much you need extra.

·
10,849 Posts
Hel will make you brake lines to suit, good quality stuff, I like to use two existing lines, join one to caliper, one to master cylinder, tape them together, then once removed you have your length.

Venhill will do custom throttle cables, send your existing, tell them how much longer you need, but i'd try re-routing the stock ones first . If your up to it you can buy the kit from Venhill and make your own

·
Old, Bold Rider
12 Posts
Motion Pro for clutch and throttle cables. They can custom make them, but more commonly they have cables from a different bike that can be fitted.

For custom braided lines call G&J Aircraft and Competition at (909) 986-6534. I have been doing business with them for over 40 years and in that time have had dozens of custom line sets made. Their turnaround time is usually less than a day, and I have never had a problem with their lines. Add to that the average price is ~75.00 USD plus shipping! Well, the last time I bought from them. Regardless, a great bunch, and if you need aircraft surplus parts such as Heim joints, trick fuel caps, grade 10 & 12 NAS hardware, and practically anything else it's the place to be.

Rob

·
Registered
67 Posts
You may also need longer wires for you switch gear, bandit, gsxf and Hayabusa have slightly longer wires on switch gear and should plug straight into you harness.
Clutch cable may need to be longer but as yantosh says Venhill is the place to go for cables, clutch, throttle and clutch etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts