Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a cf stalker and really like checking out build threads here and envy all your skills. I'm more of a hacker, I did make up some type of creation that is fun to ride not sure it's consider a fighter :)

http://www.yamaha-triples.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16964

I wanted to do a mono shock but just don't have the skills so I thought I'd see if anyone needed some shocks here. Except it won't let me post in the parts classified section. Do I need permission?

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Welcome! You need a certain number of posts before you can post in the classifieds, I think it's 50 posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you unwilling to learn the skills needed?

Welcome, I think.
I LOOOOVE learning. I learned a lot already fixing up this $350 beauty, all from forums and service manuals. I'm in Glenwood Springs, CO if anyone has the tools and wants to teach me some fab skills. I will provide beer and cookies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welding is a big one, some important welds in this. As far as design I've seen it done on the xs750 so would go off of those designs. Some mount point geometry to take into consideration, maybe some tube bending. I do have some concerns about the stability of the bike going from dual to mono.

Cash would be great, I can't buy the tools for this. I had thought about mocking this up, tacking things where they should go then having a shop do the real work. Still a possibility.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
That is the route I'd go; make as much as you can and then pay a pro to weld it. It shouldn't cost you too much.

Don't give up. It'll be worth your time when it is done and you are enjoying the ride.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
yep like Mike said don't give up ,come back and join tha gang here ya may even get t like u a wee bit ha mebee ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts