Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doin it on my 89 FZR 600. I have the front suspention from that same year and model on now, Im doin the rear to match so I can run a 180..

I brought the new R6 rear end, swingarm, wheel and all to this new guy that builds some SICK $hit on the side with his son. I also brought my stock swingarm so he had an idea of what he was getting into.

We took some measurements and looked things threw and figured out that it actually can be done, as long as measurements with sprocket alignment arent too far off. I went home and took a measurement from the rear sprocket to the center of the R6 rim and compared it to the same measurements taken from the FZR rim.

The R6 rear sprocket stands out a 1/2" father then the FZR's. I know a 99 Gsxr 600 front sprocket will fit and I believe it has an outer offset by 1/8" which would bring me to 3/8". With a little shimming in the front I can get it close to a 1/4".. If I can at least get it that close the guy told me he can get everything to fit with-in a safe reason.

This guy has an 80 somethin FJ1100 in PREMO condition with a 93-94 GSXR750 front and rear suspention. LOL Where is the rest of the '93 GSXR750 do you ask?? He turned it into a 12 second DRAG QUAD. Its got +4 arm's with a +4 axle in the rear. The front frame and suspention is a Honda 250R and the swingarm is also from a 250R. This thing is sick, and this guy can build some shit. He ran and worked in the machine shop for Kodak for 15 years, the guy that is doing the aluminum welding was the manager/forman in the same shop for 25 years. Hell this guy welds ALUMINUM FOIL no joke.

Ill keep you guys updated on the progress now that its started. Ill lay out some measurements and numbers as they come.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
sounds good spyder...thats a nice setup! i think we got a crashed r6 at my work...so i might have some parts if you need em. they might be a little fucked up ...but we only kept whats salvageable.. . an o6 tail and seat. tank. headlight. few things.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
spyder said:
hmm... I do need an 03-04 R6 back brake rotor if anyones got a spare..
i dont know if thats something i'll have at work. but i'll definately try and take a look and let you know.

i should give you my phone number. i often forget to do shit at work for people. :hippie7:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts