Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Daniel and I have a 83 gs1100e hybrid

I got this bike as a project with the frame work already finished.
I believe a user here on this site is responsible for the work but the photos on the thread are removed but the description fits my frame.

I will include more photos when I put it back together.

With such little info on it I have dismantled the bike to check the work for my safety!

The frame is now a rigid tail and extended. It uses a honda 954 rear wheel and the front forks/brakes and wheel off the same honda 954rr.

The engine is lightly modified with gsxr 750 carbs, mikuni with k&n filters, not sure on the year off the gsxr I will find that out. The header appears to be a Vance and Hines without the muffler. Ground clearance is less than 2" from the collector to the ground.

Currently working on fabricating a matching 954rr rear brake system.

Thanks for looking!
Daniel

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Welcome! I remember that bike, the guy who built it was pretty meticulous about how he did it, not one single worry on structural integrity from the general consensus among frame builders that I was seeing. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! I remember that bike, the guy who built it was pretty meticulous about how he did it, not one single worry on structural integrity from the general consensus among frame builders that I was seeing. ;)
I really appreciate you chiming in!!! I have to say the frame is properly done! Right now I'm reviewing the wiring system. So far all looks good and dismantling it was pointless, but hey better to avoid an accident! Should be back on the road soon!

·
Remi's Dad
17,611 Posts
He and i were competing when we where building bikes that summer. Mine ended up very similar to his

last i heard he was picking up and moving to texas got a new girl, but that was all she wrote

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Daniel! Repping you for the nice intro & pics. ;) We'll be watching this one for sure. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the info and kind words! Right now I'm putting it back together, next little project for it will be the rear brake and an ammo box modified to house my battery! I might pick up a spare gs1100 tank and paint it, I'll keep this one raw metal and switch them to change up the appearance. I'll get some more photos for you guys today!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wiring system was 80% done, it was well done but it needed a good tuck and the fuse board and electronics for the bike needed to be fastened down. Power,lights,ignition all under here, nothing on the handle bars but grips and levers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.