Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
British Rider
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bin doing it by hand n im pissed off the finish is sweet but the amount o effort is shit

im thinking as ive polishid my rims n having a stainless undertray n polished casings would i be better off painting the swinging arm matt black?

this would save loads o effort n maintenance n i think itl look fairly fit
what d u lot think

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
hard to tell...but polishing def. sucks....i'd rather chrome plate it lol

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
jiffty said:
bin doing it by hand n im pissed off the finish is sweet but the amount o effort is shit

im thinking as ive polishid my rims n having a stainless undertray n polished casings would i be better off painting the swinging arm matt black?

this would save loads o effort n maintenance n i think itl look fairly fit
what d u lot think
You already have a lot of polished stuff on your bike, the black would help break it up, not to mention it would be 100 times easier to keep clean and looking good!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
if your gonna polish it. do it by hand. :rock:

·
British Rider
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im decided swingin arm is getting painted matt black to look a bit meaner i dont want the extra work n maintenance n i dont want the bike looking too blinging either i like the badass look

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
jiffty said:
im decided swingin arm is getting painted matt black to look a bit meaner i dont want the extra work n maintenance n i dont want the bike looking too blinging either i like the badass look

woo hoo! thats the fighter way. limited bling, if any! :cfrocks:

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
jiffty said:
Don't paint it mate, powdercoat it cos ya swingarm gets a battering from small stones and shit off the road surface, paint chips to easly powdercoating is much more hard wearing.
Or for the best of both worlds Get this shit looks like polishing work but is hard wearing and don't need rebuffing all the time http://www.aerocoat.net/Aeromaxtm.htm

·
59 Posts
POLISHING SUCKS! Its alot of work and if you stop half way it looks awful. Im trying something different with the xs Im going to use hammertone(green or silver) for the frame and wrinkle for the motor.

I give you credit if you stick with the polish, I don't have the patents or time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts