Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl has been depressed about not having friends so I'm thinking on buying an old bike for cheap, going cafe all over it's face, and giving it to her to ride so she can have a chance to meet people such as the fine ladies and gents on this forum. I'm now officially open to all insight and advice, including which bikes are the easiest to work on/buy cheap.

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Cheap + easy = honda cb350/360/450/500 or kz400/440.

Reason being that they are plentiful, parts are cheap, you can get them for cheap, and so many people have worked them over that you can find any info you need on the net.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Any of the older bikes have been made into some bery sweet cafes. My favorites are the kz's with the dunstall(ish) ripoff tanks. The cb's, xs650's and gs's also are a fine starting point. I say go for it.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
first bike?

If you could find a cb175 I think that would be good. I think they are usually pretty expensive though.

Honestly I would just scour craiglist and search in the 68-84 ish range and pick up the first good deal. :)

Let her ride it with stock ergos and if she wants higher or lower go that direction... leave the ergos out of the picture until it's all dialed in... go nuts on everything else in the meantime.

AND DONT MAKE DECISIONS FOR HER! it's her bike let her do it the way she wants. get her to wrench on it too... i'm not saying you can't help but you can't make someone have passion, they have to earn/find passion...

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks gang for all the replies. She's never been into wrenching on stuff herself bu who knows maybe something like this could inspire her. Good call on the stock handlebars I didnt even think about that yet. It'd be almost completely stock for a little while, until she dropped it or got comfortable enough on it.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Is this going to be her first bike? Properly ergo'd cafe bikes (clip-ons, rearsets) aren't the easiest bikes to learn on.

He's got a point there.

·
student
1,347 Posts
thats a sweet picture, flat tracker out a blast itll be awesome and its easy to learn on. That might be the next project i wanna attempt.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
she has no friends huh? woman beaters don't let their womens have friends? are you a woman beater?

tell her to sign up on the forum, and we'll be her new friends. . . but if she's prettier than you I'm switching your VIP to her account, and you're out!

:fire:

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do you tell a girl with two black eyes? NOTHING, she's already been told TWICE! She'll register when she gets a bike and does a little work. She needs some time on the battlefield before I send her out to you wolves, and if anyone asks her for nude pics, I'm gonna send you pics of my hairy gooch.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
:LolLolLolLol: :run:

·
student
1,347 Posts
Reactions: gsf1200R

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i thought jj was a girl...hahahahahhahahaha

·
Cmon' Kitty!
777 Posts
Be leary of old CVK carbs. Try and get something with a good ol' mechanical slide.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts