·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geuss I will hava shot at doing these by hand meself. Apreciate tha inputs :D

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
I maaayyyyyy be able to make those but can't guarantee a time frame. Don't look too hard to make but I just would need to find the time.

Later, Doug

Reactions: ROBBO

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
I was worried about the pocket on the back side. Is it needed for clearance?

If not, it can be cut from flat stock. If it is, then another option would be to cut a flat pattern with a hole in the middle instead of a pocket, then weld a cap(another flat piece) to the outside.

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
I was thinking flat stock with a small pilot hole to center the piece on a rotary table with a centering pin. Then machine the OD like normal just skip the tabs? May have to shape the tabs by hand with files and a belt sander.

If the inside needs clearanced that could be done too I bet.

Probably a better way to do it all but I only have a manual mill.

Later, Doug

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was worried about the pocket on the back side. Is it needed for clearance?

If not, it can be cut from flat stock. If it is, then another option would be to cut a flat pattern with a hole in the middle instead of a pocket, then weld a cap(another flat piece) to the outside.

flat is all good .

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
If 10ga mild steel is acceptable, I can cut these on my CNC plasma table out of scrap and it'd only cost ya whatever shipping is. Hell if it's not too much I'd just ship em myself

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks to al who have given good advice and made real generos offers!I am gonna give this ago here and see if I can and have tha patience to do em by hand~ so be prepared for a PM LOL

you blokes :rock:fer sure .

·
639 Posts
I think if I was going to try in my garage with the tools on hand. I might try with a skill saw and a fine metal blade, polish a little once cut. I know everyone like to grab an air tool or dremmel, I use the hell outta a skill saw.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wil see how me jigsaw does,if its ruff I will pop over me father in laws and use his bandy saw .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts