Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I trust that some of you talented individuals know where a sweet inexpensive cluster might be lurking for a 91 cbr 600, perhaps? Really racking my brain trying to find one that does not take up too much space up, and can maybe use the original wiring connections? I am not a wizard by any means with the ridiculous wiring harness that comes stock, so I do not want to tamper with it too much. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Nothing is going to match up wiring wise, but if you can cut and form a seat frame you can solder a couple wires together, I've put an Acewell gauge cluster on multiple makes/models including an F2 (to cheap to buy more than 1 Acewell)
Honda wiring is pretty easy, all the wires you need are there feeding the cluster already.
It should be just matching them up by 2 diagrams.
Pick a gauge with the features you want, you don't have a fuel level sender so avoid the ones with gas gauge.
Temp gauge is a plus but may require additional work.
Post up if you get stuck, people here know honda wires by heart.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a garmin 2610 ( I think) gps unit for my speedo. Scored a great used one on ebay for 30 buks. Just had to mount it and wire it to the battery. Works great and the one I have has a screen that show an odometer and speedo.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Be wary of the cheap ebay clusters. Not unheard of them to be dead or malfunctioning right out of the box, and even when they work right the refresh rate on them sucks, speedometers and tachs are very "lazy".

Koso makes a variety of clusters, from compact to flashy. TrailTech also makes some nice compact digital gauges. I'd suspect either of those would be your best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts