Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what the inspiration is for some of the bikes on here. Wondering what percentage of people on here started customizing after damage. i feel like this might be the modern itteration of the hot-rod days where people are buying beaters and making them badass...

I will start

I had a 2004 ninja ex500 which vibrated itself loose and i took the fairings off to find the rattles....liked the look but put everything back together after paint, tidying up rash from minor road debris and such. Sold that one, and 2 years later i have a 250 ninja. This bike has minor rash as well, but i fixed that planning on flipping the bike for profit, but then i started imagining the bike as what i want, and 50mpg sounded good...sold/selling some pieces and i will be back to about 200 bucks investested (not a typo...got her on the cheap) and have something to play with and play on. this is going to be ridiculous for function, and it may eventually look as good as it works as long as the wife doesnt shut me down when i mention a paintjob. I need to be in the wind, but i need a bike i can do stuff on, imagination ran wild and the Gunfighter is the vision i have...and nothing will stop that vision from becoming a reality at least in function.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
there ya go al plans start from dreams ,reality is a step further DO IT!:robssmilie:

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
None of my bikes were manufactured with fairings. So it's partially "fightered" anyways.

I don't enjoy seeing a bike similar to mine. So i try to make them all unique. Thus a few near complete custom bikes.

i won't usually purchase a bike if it's been wrecked

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
It's easier and better to buy a wrecked for fighter purpose cuz spending 4k for bike with the intention of cutting it up is harder then spending 1k on wreck bike. And a wrecked bike is more of a blank canvas

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
It's easier and better to buy a wrecked for fighter purpose cuz spending 4k for bike with the intention of cutting it up is harder then spending 1k on wreck bike. And a wrecked bike is more of a blank canvas
i've never spent more than 1k on a bike

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
I'll never buy another crashed bike. Too many little things pop up. I'd happily pay more for a pristine bike and sell off the bits to make money back.

As for inspiration, the first "streetfighter" I ever saw was Smokey's bobbed 900RR "Honda Davidson". I was hooked.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Honestly on my inspiration for building a fighter came from everything on this site. When I was shopping for bikes back when I bought my yzf750 I thought it doesn't matter what bike what make all I needed was 600cc or bigger. I told everyone no matter what bought it wouldn't have fairings for long so when I bought my yzf750 it was "street fightered" out. I told everyone it's just easier cuz the fairings would have come off anyway.
But when I found out that a real street fighter wasn't just a naked bike but a bike that you build with your heart and soul and saying FUCK YOU to all the nay Sayers my motivation and inspiration went through the roof. It felt so good building and fixing that bike. It may not have been like the pro builders bikes but it was mine and I built it. That's where your your inspiration should come from. From you what you want how you ride how you look whatever YOU want.
That's where your inspiration should come from. Your twisted fucked mind that wants look unique and but feel proud cuz you built what you wanted.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Partly 'damage' - bike needed a new tank and a lot of other "30 year interval" maintenance (though so far seems in amazingly good shape). Never did have a fairing, was an early 80's sport tourer.

Partly because I like rat bikes, old BMW's, ans some other things.

Partly because I like some of the wierder susepnsion systems.

Found a lot of links leading here when I was surfing for pictures of stuff I like, and bought a bike to work on. Mashed it all together on my first project bike, hoping it turns out OK. Aim was never really a "fighter" in the classic sense.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly on my inspiration for building a fighter came from everything on this site. When I was shopping for bikes back when I bought my yzf750 I thought it doesn't matter what bike what make all I needed was 600cc or bigger. I told everyone no matter what bought it wouldn't have fairings for long so when I bought my yzf750 it was "street fightered" out. I told everyone it's just easier cuz the fairings would have come off anyway.
But when I found out that a real street fighter wasn't just a naked bike but a bike that you build with your heart and soul and saying FUCK YOU to all the nay Sayers my motivation and inspiration went through the roof. It felt so good building and fixing that bike. It may not have been like the pro builders bikes but it was mine and I built it. That's where your your inspiration should come from. From you what you want how you ride how you look whatever YOU want.
That's where your inspiration should come from. Your twisted fucked mind that wants look unique and but feel proud cuz you built what you wanted.
My bike is set to have a rifle hauler, a real handgun (junk to begin with and now missing most of its parts) as a license plate bracket and a paintjob like a ww2 fighter...I feel you. Its what I want and by damn im building this bastard contraption.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
first "streetfighter" i ever saw wasnt a streetfighter really. it was a bobbed shovelhead. so simple and clean looking. then i saw an older triumph cafe build and that also was so simple and clean. nothing on it that it didnt need. then coming into the fighter community i wanted the same. simple, clean, bare bones, reliable, comfortable enough, solo riding look with the ability to ride 2 up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts