Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my renewal came through last week for the hornet, I rung them to add my thunderace to the policy seen as it will be on the road soon, I told them all about the bike and I get told it's going to be expensive as "streetfightering is an aggressive modification" and "because it makes the bike look more aggressive they add more £££"

Anyone else had this?

What insurer do you use?

Ta
Grant

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
insurance compamys are in genral huge fookin rippof merchants! I pay double or more to insure me house cos itsa 'LogHome'!WTF! i was told a total lie by tha rep that it will cost almost400K to rebild if it burns to tha ground Ima contractor and bild homes ferra living ,i know tha costs -this home cost me 150K max ta bild ;)Same with bikes any mods = higher premiums ,now im gettin told even me older bikes are gonna be more cos parts are gettin rare :doh:they gotya by tha grollies tho cos ya GOTTA HAVE INSURANCE!:shocker:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
I've just insured my first proper Streetfighter after having a pretty heavily modified Duc SS with Bikesure last year for a good price i thought i would give them a shot at a multibike policy adding my Firestorm (as pictured in my Sig below - a couple of mods :D).

Came back as £264 for both, 3rd, fire, theft, personal accident cover, legal, 7 years no claims protected. I was pretty happy with that. I recommend them: http://www.bikesure.co.uk/custom-bi...cp=or&ct=-tmc&st=(opu qspwjefe)&ts=1403595401

Didn't bat an eyelid when i responded to the "Any modifications?" question with, "Erm, forks, wheels, brakes, swingarm, seat unit, subframe, bars, exhaust...." They call you for free too. I don't know about you but i never bother with fully comp because if i bin the bike i will just either re-build it or break it and flog the parts.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
I get told it's going to be expensive as "streetfightering is an aggressive modification" and "because it makes the bike look more aggressive they add more £££"
BTW - who was it that told you that BS?

Oh, and also i was a dick to Bikesure, got a "renewal" type quote then called them back after my policy expired, they took my number and called me back after seaching / calling providers for an hour (no hassle for me the Assen GP was on anyway) and confirmed that they would be able to stand by the quote. Seem to care. Rare thing these days.

·
2,781 Posts
I pay about 100quid more than cookie but that's for 3 bikes, 2 modified (all mods declared), all fully comp (coz it was only 30/35 quid extra) all agreed value & coverage for bikes I don't own (sorta like the old rider policies :rock:) .... But I with Carol Nash

First year the bloke on the phone was really good. the one I spoke to this year.... Errr....wasn't.
He got all confused when I told him the GSXRs got an 1100 engine in it. He panicked. telling me he didn't think they would allow that mod and would have to run it passed the supervisor but was pretty sure they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole, infact if you tied a couple of barge poles together they still wouldn't touch it:confused:.......then ten mins later rang back saying its fine but made a whopping £7 a year difference to the premium

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

The BS came from Carole Nash.

I've just got off the phone with bike sure and for £412. TPFT For both, which is good for me as I have points and a theft claim.

Like you said cookie, they didn't bat an eyelid when mentioning all the mods.
I defiantly recommend.

So it looks like I'll be changing over.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Nice.

I'll be honest the main reason i went with them in the first place was because they were employing Foggy! :D

That photo is pretty much the definition of "grinning loony".

But yeah, can't say a bad thing about their service. Also, my initial renewal offer was less than last year, none of that crap where some places put it up each year.

·
1,533 Posts
where i live you dont have to insure it if you dont want, because you never have to stop if you dont want to. been ridin for 12 years, never stopped on anything capable.

to be clear though, i have insured very capable commuter bikes that I did not register. they only pound you on insurance if they pop you, but not for not being registered. so I insured one or two, blasted around, and never regged them. have fun giving me a ticket. hahah. commuter bikes on the highway late at night with pissed off cruisers in tow that clock 30 above your absolute top end is a fun time. gotta really get the max outta that 500cc twin, hahahah.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just had my renewal come through, last year I paid £160 fully comp with Bennets this year they want £220 fully comp and thats with another years no claims discount so shopped around on comparison websites and have got it for £103 fully comp with MCE and no voluntary excess just a compulsory £350 but no helmet or clothing or legal cover if I want that its £125 with Be Wiser and they throw in mobile phone insurance and RAC recovery. And this is on a 1999 Speed Triple

1 - 10 of 10 Posts