Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for those of you who know me I've been working on my GT650 for about a year now and to be honest I'm sick and tired of it sitting around without a wiring harness or a seat, and I'm also tired of playing it safe and not doing any major modifications to the bike minus the tail section.

Well that time is over I'm taking a new direction for my build from here on out everything from new headlight to swingarm is getting redone. So I thought a new thread is in order.

For thoses who haven't seen my old thread here it is
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60672&highlight=hyosung
check it out and you'll see where I started

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok started out getting dirty with a full disassemble. Motor, swingarm its all out and got the motor ready for paint

I'm using VHT engine paint I've had luck with it in the past and I like how easy it is to use, Chevy Orange and black

The valve covers, stator cover, cluth cover, water pump, and oil filter cover got orange, block went black

Once the paint dried and everything was reassembled I was pretty happy with the result

More to come next up is the exhaust

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Good for you for diving into it and doing a complete tear down...but personally I think painting the engine like that makes any bike look cheeeeesy. Just my worthless opinion. Got any BIG plans for it likes a front end swap or something?

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you for diving into it and doing a complete tear down...but personally I think painting the engine like that makes any bike look cheeeeesy. Just my worthless opinion. Got any BIG plans for it likes a front end swap or something?
I'd like but a set of gsxr forks up front and would like to also run a gsxr swing arm but for the moment that's sitting on the back burner I've got alot of work ahead of me before then.

motor looks good dude.

hows that new zx been treating ya?
Thanks jelly, and the zx is gone actually, brought it to a track day and came home with an empty trailer and a pocket full of cash. Got 2 grand more than I paid for it so I can't complain.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
^ I hate this tag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts