Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my brother have been looking for some new helmets and I've been thinking about intercoms for when we ride but they all seem to have an astronomical price... That being said do any of you guys know of some cheaper solutions and maybe some helmets that are set up for them or come pre installed that aren't ridiculous. I think being able to talk to each other would make the rides much more enjoyable and it would be easier to keep tabs on everyone were riding with when riding through traffic if we could all have them...and cops lol since I just cot pulled over the other day when I didn't even see the cop but some of my buddies did

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Duct tape and walkie talkies

·
Banned
35 Posts
i started modding a pair of 5 mile walkies....soldered wires to extend the mic, speaker, and ptt button...replacing the speaker with a Rock It..reusing the mic it came with, but adding some foam as a pop/ hiss filter.....and the button will be near the horn button...ill post a pic in a minute for you.

·
Banned
35 Posts
nope....the Rock it is a nifty device that turns your helmet into the speaker....the button operates as a momentary pushbutton..... the wind gets the mics a bit, hence a filter

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I got some chatterboxes off ebay pretty cheap a while ago...
think 5 for $350 bit it took forever for a deal to pop up

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so ive been doing a lot of research on intercoms and two way radios and it seems like all the bluetooth devices have a limit on the number of people on one channle and all the cheap ones are ony 2 or 3 riders so i think two way radios are my best bet but what are some pros and cons of this? and would it be better to hard wire it to my bike or just put in my jacket pocket and also what about the button to talk? and any suggestions of what radios are best would be awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts