Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I think I'm going to get a couple when they start production. Ive done some commutes where I have never had to touch the brakes.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Now if it wasnt so big and ugly, and used up to date led technology.

Sorry, Im a bit of a pretty light nut and this thing is just plain fugly and the light output isnt all that great.

Something with output more like this would really help.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
its an amazing idea BUT the main problem i see is that who leaves their brake light in the stock location? mines far too hidden for this to work. maybe in integration into the stock taillight would help

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its an amazing idea BUT the main problem i see is that who leaves their brake light in the stock location? mines far too hidden for this to work. maybe in integration into the stock taillight would help
Its not related to your brake light. It mounts around your tag, which we all have to have visible to some degree.

Its not a brake light y'all. Doesn't connect to it or wire in to it. Watch the video.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I keep my license plate, brake light, and turn signals at the end of the tail. The stock enormous stock plastic thing gets cut off or removed asap on bikes I get and then I make a little bracket to hold it all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
good idea, but i doubt your average Jane Doe with two kids in the back of her Chelsea tractor will know what it means.

The kids will be shouting flashy lights and the woman may think its related to disco beats or something.

Bottom line they may find they are going to have to re educate the whole public on this. not to mention the agro you are going to get from the local plod to start with while this thing breaks into the mainstream.
Near me, they hate any kind of lighting on bikes and cars that is not standard and legal. So this i can see may come across as some chav flashing fast and furious style thing...until you tell them and then they will just say

"yes i see it, you are the best"

I think

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
it has an accelerometer, it automatically lights up if it detects the bike is slowing. it doesn't get wired into the braking system.
I know, I mean instead of having the plate frame lights, it was integrated into the brake light or other AUX lights, still using the accelerometer.

Edit: If you scroll to the bottom and check out the FAQs they mention possibly developing something in the future that wires inline with the existing brake light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts