Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Intersection pressure pads....

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jellyloco 
#1 ·
So, i was out for a ride late tonight with a few buddies and we were all talking about what "grinds our gears"....

...unanimously, we all concluded that waiting at an intersection with pressure pads that don't turn for you are our biggest frustration.

i usually roll back and forth....i have been known to bounce, but that is more me bouncing my frustration out than effectivly tripping the pad.

discuss/explain your tricks

#2 ·
well it is actually megnetic and because bikes are not as big as cars we do not always trip them... SOme people say rubbing your kickstand on them helps...dunno. I have also seen these things and heard they are ok...but i cant say for sure http://www.discountbuy.com/greenlighttrigger/index.html

but I just let the light cycle once then blow the light..lol

#7 ·
Here in Auckland the lights always seem to register the bike but further south, in Wellington, it can be a pain in the arse. You'll sit at a light for 5 minutes before ya go nuts and wheelie the red.

#8 ·
White trash said:
Here in Auckland the lights always seem to register the bike but further south, in Wellington, it can be a pain in the arse. You'll sit at a light for 5 minutes before ya go nuts and wheelie the red.
Yea, I've heard as long as only one wheel crosses the line, technically you didn't run the red light.... so if you wheelie across the intersection... :LolLolLolLol:

#10 ·
White trash said:
In warmer weather areas the magnetic loop is shallower then in colder areas.
Back home I never had a problem when I moved to the states I always had a problem.

I heard the value of X is 2 cycles. I think that is a reasonable amount of time.

#11 ·
MsHap said:
In warmer weather areas the magnetic loop is shallower then in colder areas.
Back home I never had a problem when I moved to the states I always had a problem.

I heard the value of X is 2 cycles. I think that is a reasonable amount of time.
US gets screwed again! We get f#'d on just about anything relating to vehicles over here.... :wtf: Its bad enough we can't get half of the cool cars and bikes that are out there!!!! :nuts:

#12 ·
i'll usually wait for 1 cycle. but some lights that i know arent gonna see me. i just treat em like a stop sign.

look around. check traffic. check for cops. check traffic again. GO!

#13 ·
PhatRR said:
...unanimously, we all concluded that waiting at an intersection with pressure pads that don't turn for you are our biggest frustration.

discuss/explain your tricks
Eat more pies

:cfcartman:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.