Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. My friends call me Rick and I am 25 out of Los Angeles California. Earlier this year, I was granted the opportunity to serve the nation through volunteerism with Americorps. I travelled the US for a bit and lived with other young people for 10 months. (It was like a reality TV Show on Steroids!) Well, I got back a couple of months ago. I served in Mississippi (5 weeks), Maryland (5 weeks), New York City (4 months), and Alabama (3 months).

Before I left, my buddy crashed his motorcycle and I tried to help him fix it, but he was scared and discouraged so it just sat there. I offered him some money for it when I got back. He even had a parts bike we picked up for cheap (lots of registration fees).

Buddy's 650r I first bought. (Before)

Buddy's 650r (after)

I sold that bike so that I could fund some more projects I currently have three.

2000 Honda VFR 800
(Before)

(after)

2000 Honda CBR 929rr

2007 Ninja 650r
(Before)

(Last WeeK)

Those are my current Projects. My priorities are 1.)Ninja 650r 2.)929rr 3.)VFR800

The following post will be regarding my second Ninja 650r.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had some difficulties with the second Ninja 650r street fighter project. I had tons of broken parts, I didn't know if the bike was running, no keys, and the frame was damaged! (see frame damage below)

Photo does not look like serious damage but the crossmember was distorted because of some cheap frame sliders the last owner used when he crashed.

So, I bought a brand new frame from Alabama!

Here is the pictures of the progress up until now.

I will take pics in a bit of where the bike is currently at. I am sorting out bracket for headlight and dash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here we go! Here are the pictures from today. I installed the radiator and finally heard the bike run! Only problem is. I see slight condensation in the oil fill window. Any ideas on how to tackle this issue? Obviously, I'm not done with paint.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
If the bike has sat for a while without running then it is probably just normal condensation build up. Let the bike get up to operating temp and let it run for a while to burn off the moisture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts