Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2668 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
I was going to suggest something of the like. quick little tab welded to the frame would be out of sight and plenty supportive.

Reactions: Smoker

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,625
Which one of these perforated silencer tubing would you use, and why?

I'm guessing that the tubing on the left with larger holes would quiet the noise more, and give slightly less performance.

Also guessing that the tubing on the right with smaller holes would quiet the noise less, and give slightly more performance.

They are both from Toomey silencers.

Definitely appreciate all opinions.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,627
Is it possible to build the silencers so perforated tube is swappable? Are they titanium?
It's possible, but I think the difference in power would be so small, it could only be detected by dyno. I could be wrong though, just guessing.

The perforated tubing is stainless.

I ordered new perforated tubing from Toomey (small holes). I expected to get the large hole tubings, which I bought from Toomey years ago. I've seen both types online.

Was just considering if I should return the small hole tubes and buy more large hole tubes. There will probably be a difference in sound, and in how often the packing needs changing.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,628
Not driving to San Francisco this weekend.

Aluminum silencers and rear bracket aren't done.

I also told Jeff more time is better for me.

Got a feeling it will be next weekend. Really hope it's not raining!

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,630
My design looks like this.

Jeff said no, to titanium silencers, so I'll get started on a titanium pair when I get the bike back. These are aluminum.

Toomey silencer cans are 10 3/4 inches long.
My similar cans are 8 1/2 inches long.
So, my exhaust sound will be louder.

The length of my can design has nothing to do with function. I just like these proportions of length vs. diameter. Also didn't want them to extend up higher than the tire. Opens up the space between the tire and tail.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,631
Sneaky brace.

Might be a good idea to use with the titanium silencers. Doubt the titanium silencers will weigh much more, though. Not sure if I'll use it.

It's kind of cool, though. Never seen one like it. Would look good anodized blue like the ride height adjuster knob, right next to it.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,632
I never liked the idea of using a brace between the silencers and the frame. Also didn't like Jeff's ideas about bracing the pipes to the footpeg bolt or side of the frame.

With some prodding, and bucketloads of cash, I'll be getting my original plan of using a hidden bracket between the pipes to the frame.

This pic is before the hidden bracket.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,633
Just saw on the news, 7.3 million people on lockdown for at least 3 weeks in San Francisco due to Corona virus.

Looks like I probably won't be able to get my bike for a while.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,352 Posts
I think you are still allowed to go out, just not congregate with more than 10 people.

Probably a perfect time to go get it! Less traffic.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,638
I think you are still allowed to go out, just not congregate with more than 10 people.

Probably a perfect time to go get it! Less traffic.
If & when I get some PPG.

Ordered a couple of masks and over-glasses today. No fast delivery options, but should start arriving soon.

2621 - 2640 of 2668 Posts