Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2668 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Second that, be a shame to see those pretty pretty pipes form stress fractures...

Reactions: Smoker and 929_adam

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
Bars on floor = anxietyburger...
Oh, shit. You can't imagine.

Just wait until I get the bike back.
Its on the wooden area of the floor and the engine is bare, so not much weight. You'll be just fine.

By the way, I was at Jeff's a few days before everyone went into lock-down... and the bike looks amazing!

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,648
Got up at 0400. Out the door at 0500.

Weather report said cloudy, no more rain. Rained all night and all morning.

I tried anyway. Drove over an hour on the freeway. Too much hydroplaning and poor visability. Turned around, and drove back home.

The real surprise was the amount of cars on the road. WTF??? I thought people are supposed to stay home! More traffic today, than when I made the last 2 runs to SF on a normal weekend.

Used the last of my lunchmeat to make 2 sandwiches for the trip. No way would I stop anywhere for food. Not sure what I'll do next time.

Jeff sent me a pic to show me how nice the weather is in SF. Thanks, much.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,650
Drove over 800 miles yesterday.

Got my fucking bike back home!!!

Need some time to recover. Details and pics, soon.

I couldn't wait (an estimated) 18 months for a COVID-19 vaccine. I hear about people like me, with terminal illnesses, dying from CV, but I don't hear about the number of people with terminal illnesses that are CV+ and survive.

I'm going to be one of the survivors. You can bet on it.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Well you've come this far, of course you will be.

Plus you really need to finish these bikes..

Drove over 800 miles yesterday.

Got my fucking bike back home!!!

Need some time to recover. Details and pics, soon.

I couldn't wait (an estimated) 18 months for a COVID-19 vaccine. I hear about people like me, with terminal illnesses, dying from CV, but I don't hear about the number of people with terminal illnesses that are CV+ and survive.

I'm going to be one of the survivors. You can bet on it.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,653
Been working on this bike again.
Still not sure if I want to post on this sellout format, or take a walk.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,655
I'll let you know.
Not sure I want to post it up. These dickheads might buy out the few remaining cool bike forums.🖕

Feel like I should post something up for Robbo. 👑

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,656
Been trying to design a mounting technique for the front reservoir.

Got all the horizontal parts at about 8mm OD and centered in-line with the outlet tubing.

Problem is the vertical eyebolt thread of 5mm. The reservoir has a 6mm thread.

Since my local machine shop is gone, I checked in with Mike at DBD. He's done my machine work that the local shop wouldn't or couldn't do. Bad news! His shop is closed down at least until Spring, because he's moving to a new home.

Need a custom 6mm eye bolt, or an adapter machined from 8mm OD stainless rod, with female 5mm threads and male 6mm threads. No idea who will make small custom parts for me at this time.

Post up, or PM me, if you have any ideas.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
Was happy to see you were posting here in the "new" forum. This shit is some shit...hoping I'll get used to it but man, we had a pretty slick setup before. :(

·
Is my bike ok?
15,004 Posts
Been trying to design a mounting technique for the front reservoir.

Got all the horizontal parts at about 8mm OD and centered in-line with the outlet tubing.

Problem is the vertical eyebolt thread of 5mm. The reservoir has a 6mm thread.

Since my local machine shop is gone, I checked in with Mike at DBD. He's done my machine work that the local shop wouldn't or couldn't do. Bad news! His shop is closed down at least until Spring, because he's moving to a new home.

Need a custom 6mm eye bolt, or an adapter machined from 8mm OD stainless rod, with female 5mm threads and male 6mm threads. No idea who will make small custom parts for me at this time.

Post up, or PM me, if you have any ideas.
One option may be to install a helicoil. You'll have to drill a 7mm hole to install a 5mm heli, so you got the meat to here. Easier than sourcing custom hardware.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
At this moment I'd just fab it myself. Takes one or two hours, and you only need a welding machine and a drill to get your part done.

An M6 threaded rod and the socket / hexagonal head of a larger bolt, center drilled.

After drilling the hexagonal piece you put a bolt in it, then you put the bolt the in the drill chuck and spin it against a file to make it round...like a poor man's lathe. Then weld the round part to the threaded rod, finish it with tiny files and sandpaper, buff it out if you want.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,660 (Edited)
At this moment I'd just fab it myself. Takes one or two hours, and you only need a welding machine and a drill to get your part done.

An M6 threaded rod and the socket / hexagonal head of a larger bolt, center drilled.

After drilling the hexagonal piece you put a bolt in it, then you put the bolt the in the drill chuck and spin it against a file to make it round...like a poor man's lathe. Then weld the round part to the threaded rod, finish it with tiny files and sandpaper, buff it out if you want.
I appreciate the idea.
Unfortunately, I would have to spend thousands of dollars for a welder, and build a bigger garage. Garage is totally full, no room for a welder. Have 2 bike projects in my tiny house, already.

2641 - 2660 of 2668 Posts