Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2661 - 2668 of 2668 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,662
Also got some parts that might help.

Ordered 2 of these. Part from a mini steam engine. Will at least need the OD and length cut down. Not sure if the M5 threads are deep enough. Bad news is they're nickel plated.

Also ordered a few of these. M5 x 8mm OD. Could work as a spacer. Will give more support with M5 threads, as opposed to using a 5mm tube spacer.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
I appreciate the idea.
Unfortunately, I would have to spend thousands of dollars for a welder, and build a bigger garage. Garage is totally full, no room for a welder. Have 2 bike projects in my tiny house, already.
If I'd be from your area, or at least from US, I'd try to make one for you. Dont you have a friend with a welder?

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,665
Since I'm using the eye bolt hardware on the front reservoir, I'd like to use it other places on the bike.

Been gathering parts to wire up the bike, and looking at where to mount them. Decided to mount the coil and make a throttle cable holder using eye bolt hardware.

Will be something like this, but there won't be exposed threads. Don't have the actual hardware, yet. Will take a while to get the tubing from Hong Kong.

I've ordered a bunch of Pro-Bolt titanium and aluminum hardware for these, and for the CDI box, M-Unit, R/R, and 2 more electrical panels.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,666
Well, unfortunately I lost a couple of small parts from the OEM Ducati headlight.

It has small wire clips that connect together and hold the headlight in the metal ring that fits onto the bucket. I think there's twelve and I lost one or two. Also lost a small metal clip that captures the one screw that holds on the metal ring.

Had to suck it up and buy another headlight. Can't buy the individual parts I need. Found a nice one in Japan.

Received the package and the headlight was beautifully wrapped like a Christmas present in 4 layers of bubble wrap.

Under that was a carefully shaped piece of cardboard covering the headlight lens. Between the cardboard and the lens was another 4 sheets of bubble wrap.

The headlight is immaculate. Not a speck of dirt or dust anywhere. I'm not used to this kind of quality service. I'm extremely impressed. In the box, there was an envelope with a moto sticker and treats. They also sent me a message saying how they will work hard in the future to make my next purchase even better.

Was seriously looking into moving to Japan for a while, but COVID killed that dream.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,667
Can't do any more until the 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm ID spacer tubing arrives.

Need to cut all the bolts and eyebolts, 11 spacers, and 4 washers.

Should be interesting.

·
BLACK BELT
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,668
Secured the front reservoir for drilling out the mounting threads.

Difficult part will be clamping it to my primative drill press, in proper alignment.

Also, I may not be able to get enough new threads, even with a bottoming tap.

2661 - 2668 of 2668 Posts