Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2681 - 2684 of 2684 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,681 (Edited)
Working on the recovery tank design as time allows. Never owned or used a clear cover, so I'm just winging it. Definitely more difficult to use a fixed tank size, and make the window as large as possible.

Tolerances are tight. O-ring will be approximately 2.0mm. O-ring is approximately 2mm from the hole, and 2mm from the M4 screw threads.

Will need help with the CAD drawing, then can maybe 3D print a simple flat with just the O-ring groove. Need to find an appropriate size o-ring, or use cord stock.

The following area in yellow shows the size of the bezel. Left 5mm around the perimeter for the welding bead. I think the lexan should be slightly recessed into the bezel, to put the right amount of pressure on the o-ring when the bezel is fully tightened down.

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,683
you need drawing done mate ?
Thanks, dude.

I need to do a bit more drawing, first. Then, we'll see if you're still up for it.😂

I have a small gift for you. It was stuck at my brother's house in TX since October. Just got it about 2 weeks ago. Waiting to ship until I have to go to the post office, or until I get my 2nd vaccine shot in about a week.

2681 - 2684 of 2684 Posts