Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wots tha 'laws'on stuntin ,is it now fookin ilegal or summink?

I jus read tha Lantern had a charge fer stuntin:doh: WTF is up with that mates!

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
yeah stunting is illegal on public roads. wheelies, stoppies, burn outs are all forms of wreckless driving and if you get caught then that is what you will get in trouble for. along wiht whatever fix-it tickets and anything else the police find from stopping you. that is why a parking lot that you get permission to stunt in is as good as gold some places.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Yep illegal as fuck. Oh, and according to City of Columbia aforementioned parking lot can not be visible from the roadway.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
In Florida they take your license and send you to the stony loan some for about 10 years. If you are riding wheelies on the street.

Reactions: 929_adam

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
In Florida they take your license and send you to the stony loan some for about 10 years. If you are riding wheelies on the street.
that's a bit excessive dontchya think?

In maine the law says that you can wheelie as long as it was not incidental. what the FUCK does that mean? :fu:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Wots tha 'laws'on stuntin ,is it now fookin ilegal or summink?

I jus read tha Lantern had a charge fer stuntin:doh: WTF is up with that mates!
Yes and no. On public roads allot of stunting is illegal. In private lots sometimes its legal. Also, green latern is from canada where the police have very little sense of humor about stunting

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
oh...so thats why he was AWOL for awhile.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts

In maine the law says that you can wheelie as long as it was not incidental. what the FUCK does that mean? :fu:
It was in SSB ahwile back. It may have been a law they were trying to pass or was in affect. Im not sure.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts

If you pop the front wheel on a blip and a cop see's it and ISN'T a dick (good luck with that one) it's no biggy. Kinda like a little wheel squeal on a takeoff in a car. As long as the incident isn't an obvious showoff move, you usually slide. I popped a pretty high one from a red light when I first got my SS and was still getting a feel for how fast I could take off, and saw a cop to my right leaving the same intersection. I was already on the way down when he just looked at me, shook his finger like "no no", and grinned. Then again, my buddy got popped and ticketed for reckless driving when he did the exact same thing and his front wheel only went about 1 foot above the ground. Depends on the cop and what bug is up his ass that day.

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
dood im with yah. i'd love to have a bother free stunt spot. im just saying that is why it aint happening

·
Captain Missing Sandwich
4,379 Posts
Fuck that noise :D Same shit that happened with skate parks. When I was a kid, there were like..... 2, and you had to travel to them and pay a huge daypass fee like buying a lift ticket for a ski resort. Now what? Holy fuck, even my old home town of 20k people has a municipal skate park. Municipal stunt spots sound like a damn good idea to me, and they require less investment by the city. What does it take... a big slab of pavement, a fence, maybe some lights, and an "official" person to do whatever "official" people do. Helmets, gloves, boots, and armor required. Bam, done. No ramps, no rails, no **** in skinny jeans. Sounds like a win-win.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Not here in Alberta but I think In Ontario, they take your bike, and give you a large fine.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Cities should have a public stunt spots like the UK so people can practice in a safe spot. They would get used.. I just dont understand why they dont do this shit.:wtf:
Thats because the rest of the world is progressive joe. Rather than try and help with the problem, our public servants along with big business see too much opportunity to make money off fining people.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,052 Posts
Cities should have a public stunt spots like the UK so people can practice in a safe spot. They would get used.. I just dont understand why they dont do this shit.:wtf:
liability
If theres sign's posted "ride at your own risk, City Of ................. is not liable for blah blah blah blah blah" "Rules are......... Times of operation are......" there isnt any liability
dood im with yah. i'd love to have a bother free stunt spot. im just saying that is why it aint happening

noise ordinances, liability, accidental death, boundary infringement, ............ and about 50 other things that you would need to snake thru the sucking wormhole that is US city beauracracy. I looked into it here in WI and it would have run me in the neighborhood of $25,000 startup for the paving of the spot, liability, getting a lawyer on the hook for backup, city/state/county fees, permits............................ And that was with me already owning the land

fuckers

1 - 20 of 83 Posts