Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a member on this forum a little while ago and spoke with Him about a problem He's having with the Mikuni BST36SS Carbs I sent Him. They look NOTHING like the Mikuni BST36SS carbs His friend has sitting next to mine. The bodies look the same but it seems that none of the parts are the same and dont look to be compatible. The choke slide, floats...fuckin pretty much everything what the pictures He showed me and what He told me. My ONLY angle on this to wrap my head around it all is that He's Canadian.

Seriously. It's gotta be because His friend has Canadian model carbs, right? But why would they make them THAT different? Surely not all of those things contributes to the emissions law differences between the US and Canada. We're both totally fuckin confused. I feel really shitty about it because I got the better end of the deal by...well alot and He's had basically nothing but shit luck with buying stuff off the forum. I cant send Him any of my carb parts to help Him out so at least I could try to get some info for Him. I'd really like to get some light shed on this. Thanks in advance.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Wait, are you dealing with a deity? Why are you capitalizing Him etc? :p

Seriously though, I'd expect them to be very similar. Potential differences would be jet sizes and needle taper. MAYBE a slight difference in slide geometry. Floats should be the same.

All that I can think of is they're off a different bike, designed to be used in a different orientation (sidedraft vs downdraft etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts