Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://jackson.craigslist.org/mcy/4519622592.html

Talked to the guy and he said he would take $500, I'm thinking I could probably get it for $400. Needs new forks, radiator, and replcae the oil pan/cooler.

I was thinking if the frame and all is straight I could pick it up to make a cheep stunt bike or fighter out of.

Any opinions or thoughts, I'm not the best at catching things in pictures and figured some of you might notice things that look damaged

Thanks,
Spencer

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Highly doubt that frame is straight, especially since those gsxr frames broke under stress without even crashing them as bad as that one. I wouldn't waste my time or money unless u can get it to run right there before leaving his place.

Keep in mind if it was flipped or spent anytime running while it's upside down after the crash, It can be hydro locked.

·
Registered
152 Posts
...thats in flowood? i might ride up there and take a look at it if you don't. think they may be next gen, but i bet theres a ton of stuff i could probably use off of it for my 600. that is since, thanks to ole jelly here, i inevitably decided to stay the course instead of selling out. as far as looking at the picture for you tho, as blurred as it is that might as well be my bike sitting on that trailer. here's a pic if you wanna try to compare them yourself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok so i thought that last one would be bigger. let me find an iphone charger and i'll go snap a better one of the left side for ya. I've got it pretty much stripped down right now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ha if you woulda said that a week ago i would offered you the motor in mine. that pic was taken just after i pulled it out of the barn. it was only in there for five years. I've been working on it a couple of months and the engine is running like a champ, but thats about the only thing. still trying to work out a lot of little nick knack details here and there on the rest of the bike without spending any real money, so i was considering selling or trading the 8500 mile engine to someone else and getting something that was capable of being put on the road as it sits. maybe even picking up something like this 750 if I had any cash left over and taking my time to rebuild it so that i have two bikes, one to keep, and one to trade for another project.

that turned out to be a pipe dream tho because abruptly realized even with only 8500 miles, i would be lucky to get grand for it, and i can't bear to sell it for that low after taking all the time i did to tune it up and get it running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts