Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
debaucherous
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
This is my first streetfighter build. It is an 07 gsxr 750. Just started about a month ago. I was a die hard SS rider but I started to get bored with just another stock SS on the street. I still have other toys for the track and road but this is my new baby. I posted in the noob area and was told to start a build thread with lots of pics so here goes.

I have a pretty clear picture of what I want but any ideas are welcome, especially with the talent on this site.

The Work environment.

Risers and bars mounted. More work needs to be done. Everything will be powdercoated the same black.

Stock gauges are going to be mounted above the bars. Bracket to come.

Exhaust has a final resting place. Stock headers modified. Will be black in the future.

About the final spot for the headlight. Bracket not finished yet.

That's it for now.

·
VTR fighter
1,391 Posts
Nice, keep the pics coming!

·
Playing Pelvic Penuckle!
2,572 Posts
thats pretty awesome man, keep it up...whats the plan for the rest?

·
debaucherous
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.
I'm not doing alot of mods. I love the tail on the bike already. I think I am also going to leave the paint for at least the next season. Not sure on that yet. I have some small engine stuff nothing major. I just bought a powdercoater so everything that a can fit in my small oven is going to be black. I still need to think of a few things.
Problem is I need to take some time off the build to rebuild my snowmobile engine. Long Canadian winters suck if you can't play in the snow.

·
debaucherous
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some more pics.
I am making some brackets up for the gauges and headlight.

This bracket is for the stock gauges so that I can mount them above the bars. Simple and it needs to be cleaned up a bit.

This is the top bracket for the headlight. I want to box in behind the light for a clean look. Needs allot more work.

The bike build is on hold for now due to me blowing up the sled doing a high speed lake run last winter. I thought I would post some pics.

One fried piston. This one gets a new jug. The other one is good so just the piston is getting replaced.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,575 Posts
nice work on that sled :D

looks like your making your brackets nicely. will you make one for the exhaust too, or let it hang?

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Keep up the good work.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sweet platform...broseph...i love tha 750 tail my buddy destroyed his 750 exactly like that and i seen it go to fighter form then he sold it to get new teeth<due to the accident> and seen the bike go back to stock...love a 750 fighter...thats a sweet harwee u got too

·
debaucherous
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another quick update. Some ramdom parts powdercoated. Before and after pics of the rearsets. I spent alot of time getting the rearsets where I wanted them. I made some parts and used some of the originals. I think they came out looking good in the end? Oh yeah, if you see these rearsets for sale I would stay away. They are a good price but the fit is sloppy so buyer beware. More to come.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts