Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
build off time again , why the hell not , we can't very well complain that the forum is quiet if we don't contribute. This is a roll over from last winter , all the big fab is mostly done , but there is still plenty to do

today's endeavour, buttoning up my engine

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forks are in, temporary back wheel and a front A frame thing I welded up in 1996 when building my GPz900r , i'll try find a front hoop tomorrow

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dented front wheel the GSXR borrowed now propping up the front of this until we get unlocked enough to collect my propah wheels

started sticking water bits on, but some of the jubilee clips cried enough

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
painted the oil cooler and scoop, then stuck lots of it together, highlighted how much still needs done

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pulled bits off it again , arm back in with the bearings rather than the nylon sleeves

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not much of an update today, took the sprocket carrier to the parts washer then put the sprocket on it , then ordered up the foam filters for the throttle bodies. Think i need to remake the reducing sleeves for the back wheel, the set up ones only cover the bearing in the sprocket carrier
course I need to avoid the lock down cops and get my wheels back first

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ordered some things , copper washers, rubber washers, jubilee clips

so rear muddie is now rubber mounted , worked quite well to be fair

left the rest of the bits in boxes as the lack of back wheel makes things a bit unstable

i did pull the lock stops off for a bit of machining , they clout the lower headlight

only spring i fitted was the rear one from the head,

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the wheel in, having to list all the little adjustments that will need to be made every time i do anything

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
outside for a look from a distance , needs the tank panels to show the lines properly

Attachments

·
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bit of cardboard out , feels like ages since i did anything creative , too busy with the engine, the patio and 100 other things

template made up for the numberplate bracket

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts