Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Ive been lurking in the shadows for quite some time now looking at all the amazing work that's done by the members of this forum. I figured it was my time to join.
I started riding on a Suzuki vz800 last year, had fun riding for a season and decide to switch over to the fighter world and I know have a 2000 katana 600. I know, she's ugly and heavy, but then again I don't wear a size small shirt or model for Hollister so who am I to complain :cool: it may not be the ideal bike for many, but I'm just happy to be on a bike period. Plus, the way I see it, I'm only improving the bike and her huge gap. It's only uphill from here.

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/ch...-01-28_221338_zpsfd3670ef.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Heres my picture link, still sorting out how to use photobucket with my tablet and phone so I apologize. So far I've swapped a 03 tail and tail light, battery, oil & filter change, air filter change and spark plugs and wires.
Ps. Feel free to call the Kat an ugly bike, lol but only if I get pointed towards the right direction to fix the gas tank gap. Then I'll consider it advice. Looking forward to learning from you guys!
:cfrocks:

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Man, that's an ugly bike! :LolLolLolLol: Just kidding dude. Welcome in finally, ya lurker.

I see the gap you're talking about. I guess there's a piece of fairing missing? You could always ditch that tail to something slimmer and skin over the bottom of the tank with something solid to make it look complete. Just a quick thought. I dunno.

Lots of good inspiration in the builds section. Good luck on your project. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The fairings are ugly imo, but I'm thinking on doing something similar to a build I saw here where about 1/4 of the fairings were used abused and cut while covering the gap. It was great bike, can't remember who it belonged too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eatabullet- that's the one. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it, I was amazed at the skill level and dedication it took to build that bike.

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I may not post much for now, but I'll be around reading and learning as much as I can from all the great builders on this forum. I have much to learn but I know I've come to the right place so I'm sure I'll be alright :cfrocks:

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Welcome in bro! From one KatFighter to another...let's show these fooks we can make Kats badass fighters! ;) let me know if I can help you in anyway, or refer to my build by clicking the link in my signature below...welcome in, brother!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Chef Gerald! Great intro, so you've been repped. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts