Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 374 Posts

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Dude, I'll bring my GoPro and my race suit and rip shit up around your town on that thing. :thumbsup:

AND I'll do a wheelie on it. :D
DO IT!!!!!

I see my tractor and minibike :D Oh wait...thats my yard :doh:

Story of this moped is it was on a platform carrier that goes into the regular 2" hitch on the back of an RV. Old folks didn't tie it in right and it tipped down while still being tied at the bottom It was dragged for MANY MANY miles.
And it still rolls perfectly fine lol

·
UnicycleMode
7,583 Posts
Story of this moped is it was on a platform carrier that goes into the regular 2" hitch on the back of an RV. Old folks didn't tie it in right and it tipped down while still being tied at the bottom It was dragged for MANY MANY miles.

That is awesome! :D

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok, didn't do much today. Put the front panel and floor back on. Then I ran around town with it to see how it was gonna run. It ran like shit. Picked up a bottle of 10w30 to change the oil in the transmission. I'm not sure if I need to go with a smaller main jet or simply add an on/off, but it seems as though I have a small amount of gas seeping from the carb. I'm considering removing the stock vacuum pump petcock and adding an on/off from a Briggs. Same fuel line size, easy enough to do.

I do still plan to order a new float needle and bowl gasket anyway, but that will come later.

The other thing I did today was cut off the stock grips, as they are worn out. Also added the Yamaha mirror I had on the Sabre.....and took care of my brakes problem.

Here's what's left of the left side (rear) brake handle after being dragged behind an RV

I have a couple BMX frames behind my shed....and they have brake levers...hmmmmmmm. :thumbsup:

Attempt to install....bolt doesn't fit the hole, the cable slug is too big, and the cable is too thick :2up:

But wait!! I have a drill...and bits..... Bored that shit out, carved the cable slots a little wider....and BAM!!

I got shorty levers on my motherfucking scooter!! WOOOHOOO!! Oh yeah, and I now have front AND rear brakes and can actually fucking stop now....

Next, I'm gonna clean up these bars, paint them, and maybe install these since they're still sitting around....

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Oh shit...it's on. It's on like motherfucking Donkey Kong! On a hunch I just ran outside to measure my BMX's. 7/8" bars, and stems that match the Riva! Tomorrow I'm getting rid of those goofy fucking stock bars and putting on some BMX shit! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So I'm out getting the shit done....and I made a couple small fuckups..... Both are livable, but I'm still pissed.

So first, I cut the ganky ass stock bars off

Then I looked at the 2 BMX clamps I had. the external clamping type was sadly too big, and I don't have the means to make a tiny thin collar to go between. So I chose option 2.

Then I jigsawed it shorter

Then I went to the local machinest and got the cast iron expander bored out and tapped, as well as the top washer, and bought a 1/2-20 bolt to accommodate

My fuckups..... I didn't cut that stem at the proper angle, and after the machinest did the above for free, I don't wanna ask him to regrind the stem (wasn't his fault, it was my bad cut, he just smoothed it out). The cast iron bit is instead digging into the stem, so it's not expanding. The other fuckup was that I cut the original stem post a tad too short. This is livable if I cut my BMX stem a tad shorter and regrind.

The good news however, is that this is gonna look pretty cool to have the BMX shit on there :D

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ok, said fuckit, ran back, and dude was cool enough to grind it for me so that it was much closer matched. Still didn't charge me. If you guys are ever in this area and need machining,

West Side Machine Tool
262-723-2217

Great guys.

So I got back, got it together, and it mostly works, still has a slight amount of side to side play when fully cranked down, so more than likely I'm gonna have to have this shit welded.

But now there is a bigger dilemma.... make the plastic work, or fuck the plastic...

I'm leaning towards saying fuck the plastic, paint all the metal, Techflex all the wire and cables, and go for a diamond plate floor in place of the stocker, but make it bend up and taper at the front to mimic the style of the original plastics.

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Also, if I ditch the plastics, I'll be relocating the ignition back towards the seat. That's actually gonna be the extent of the rewiring of the bike. Lights don't count lol

·
Do a skid!
2,821 Posts
You could keep the plastic there, would just take some carefull cutting with a dremel.
THey put that there to keep the wind from blowing up your skirt!! :LolLolLolLol:
I like the checkerplate floorpan idea
Also, i hope you are going to rig up some big fookin spotlights on the front of this thing..

·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Keeping just the front panel of it isn't too bad of an idea... I'd have to make some kind of spacer to push the front of it away from the bars for clearance, but it would work.

Nemo, not gonna do spotlights. Actually I'm going to use those LED headlights I suggested to another guy on here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290613752289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

One with spot lense, one with flood lense. Flood for low, use a diode to run flood and spot for hi.

This will be the taillight
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290564460384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

These will be the signals
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280722823321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've got the old clocks hooked up right now, and I kind of like where they sit right now. But since the face is all fubar'd, I'd still have to order a new gauge unless I can find a way to make a new one.

I've been doing a bunch of looking, and later on it looks like I'll be doing some parts swapping on the motor. Due to the chain drive vs belt drive cvt of other scoots, I'm a little bit limited on speed. I'm ok with that though. 35 once I have more power will be plenty enough for me. The swapping I'll be doing will be more to give it more grunt.

For right now though, I'm just doing what I can with what I have on hand. Come 2NOV if I'm still around, then I'll proceed with getting tags, and getting this thing actually on the road.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
looks awesome with the bmx bars on there... i agree with cutting the plastic

41 - 60 of 374 Posts