Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is awsome. I can't believe the amount of talent here among the members. I feel like I have finally found a site with people and bike I can relate to and that "get it" as to what and why we do the things we do to our motorcycles to make them different and our own. I have never been satisfied with what the manufacturers have produced as stock bikes with the naked ones they have produced dumbed down and this bullshit; "re-tuned for torque". I've been riding for about 20 years, all crotch rockets and finally woke up about 10 years 13 years ago and decided I was tired of riding around bent over on my palms yet still wanted the full out power of a big bore rocket, So long story short my younger bro owned my current bike which he wrecked 3 times. The 3rd and final time he was ready to get rid of the bike and I was looking for a wrecked rocket to build into a streetfighter. This bike is my 1990 FZR1000 which I proceded to tear the fairing off of and threw a set of drag bars on and a couple of chrome harley head lights ala triumph and called it good. So I rode the bike as that for about 10 years and got bored with the out dated look of it and also because I have a tight-wad of a wife who won't let me get a newer bike such as my dream bike which would be a Ducati 999s in naked streetfighter form of course, I decided to redo the old girl last year to it's current form. The parts are as follows, Front forks, wheels front and rear are from a 2007 R6, exhaust and passenger pegs are from a 2008 suzuki 1000. tailsection is from a 2001 Buell X1, seat is 1/4 fzr1000 and 3/4 buell and custom foam and covered in leather. bars and bar clamp are off of a 2008 honda crf450. I have a trailtech gauge for the tach/speedo. Battery is from a 2008 honda cbr1000rr. Whole lot of fabrcation to get the exup servo and battery and all electronics under the seat. Loved every minute of the build and am ready for the next build some day. I enjoyed ready some of the other members builds and can totally relate to the trials and errors allong the way. Anyway sorry if I'm long winded, I enclosed pictures of my bike. Hope you like. By the way this site rocks and am glad I found it!

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome. Thats a great looking bike.

Reactions: ROBBO and oldrider

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to cf! Your "old girl" is a beauty! :rock:

Reactions: ROBBO and cage

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts
welcome to the site man! :D

Reactions: ROBBO

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Noice Intro

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
wotcher mate ,luv tha story luv tha pics ! Have fun here :D Ya gotta lotta wiskeyconsinites here ta chat with fer sure bro .

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
TIGHT bIKERINO. BROSEPH

Reactions: Taiden

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
All I gotta say is...

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?

enjoy your stay my friend :)

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Welcome home. We've been waiting for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts