Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just found a new toy. It is a 1985 suzuki gs700e. As far as I know, they are pretty rare bikes. Only made for one year. I picked mine up for $300 and it was already painted black and has bar end mirrors on it. Runs extremely well, very strong; but it does have 30k on it. For the price, though, you can't beat it.

I do have a quick question for anyone who can help. How the %($* can I put dirt bike handlebars on it? It is a weird triple tree that I have never seen before.

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Cool...The 700 models were rare because they were a one year thing. They are called "Tariff Busters". The US put a tariff tax on all imported bikes at and over 750cc around that time to protect the American brands (*cough*HD*cough*)...it should still be identical to any GS750E from the era, but for tax purposes, it was called a 700. The Tariffs didn't last long though...

*edit* as for dirt bars, I'm not sure. I know exactly what clamp you have, and bar setup, but I can't think of anything super easy off the top of my head. Front end swap!!! ;)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
yup, tariff busters, thus the fz-700 that I own.

lets see the tripple and I'll give yah ideas.I'm workin at a machine shop in the state college area and can do a little machining if you need something done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts