Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what's happening. I bought a 1999 SV650 race bike from a guy off CL yesterday. It runs but needs a few bits and pieces to make it rideable. It has bicycle handlebars on it, no rear brake, no shifter and no battery. Light work basically. My intentions for this bike are simple. I'm going to get this SV rideable, make an electronic shifter and learn how to ride on it with a prosthetic. That way if I fall over and fuck the bike up it's not a big deal because it's not my custom build. Once I get comfortable on it with the electronic shifter I will swap al the parts over necessary ti get Carmen back on the road. Hence the name, Fall Guy.

I'm pretty sure I can get it on the road today. I'm going to lower the rear end for two reasons. 1. So my short friend can ride it for me and make sure it's on the level and 2. It will be easier for me to plant my right leg down.

Here's some pics of its current state:

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Jackstand Johnny'd OTHER SV650: The Fall Guy

It's got a lot of god parts including a FULL micron exhaust and some nice SS braided brake lines. I'm gonna head to the shop in a bit and grab a battery and some old school 7/8" bars that Knifemaker87 gave me last week...I should also really try to track down a rear brake lever and M/C.

That's it for now. Thanks for viewing and stay tuned.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts

This is matt. A friend from the u.p. he rides the brakes off this crossfire 700.. this mother fucker fucker flat shreds...

This is for inspirational purposes. !!!!!! In support of the idea.

Mattie the angry pirate.

Heres the up AND downshift solution for you .

http://www.translogicusa.com/powershifters.php

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

It's yours if you don't have a spare

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts

fuck yeah buddy. have you thought about setting up some kind of jackshaft setup so you can use the right foot beg as a shifter?

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It's yours if you don't have a spare
PM'd! I don't have a rear brake stup at all right now. Just the M/C sitting there. There's no pedal or reservoir. Thanks dude!

That's pretty awesome. I have some spare SV clip ons if you want em... and maybe some other bits laying around.
Hell yeah man! I'm probably not going to use clip ons for this one because the standard bars will make it easier for me to control but let me know what other pieces ya got!

This is matt. A friend from the u.p. he rides the brakes off this crossfire 700.. this mother fucker fucker flat shreds...

This is for inspirational purposes. !!!!!! In support of the idea.

Mattie the angry pirate.

Heres the up AND downshift solution for you .

http://www.translogicusa.com/powershifters.php

Thanks for the pics and that link. I'm gonna make my own shift kit because there's no way I'm paying $800 for one pre made. They're all like that. The kliktronic, pingel, all of them. Thanks for the link though.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well I charged a battery I had laying around and got the SV to run. It's gonna need a good carb cleaning and possibly have the carbs tuned but it idles good. Lots of popping on both accel and deccel but that PO said He had the carbs running rich...?

Anyways here's my chore list for what I gotta do next:

-Install longer front brake lines
-Install rear brake lever and M/C reservoir
-Adjust chain tension(chains stretched evenly but SUPER loose
-Install longer dogbones to lower rear a bit for my vertically challenged friend

I think that should get it up to riding standards.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

Find out how long break lines need to be and i may have them

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts

So here's what's happening. I bought a 1999 SV650 race bike from a guy off CL yesterday. It runs but needs a few bits and pieces to make it rideable. It has bicycle handlebars on it, no rear brake, no shifter and no battery. Light work basically. My intentions for this bike are simple. I'm going to get this SV rideable, make an electronic shifter and learn how to ride on it with a prosthetic. That way if I fall over and fuck the bike up it's not a big deal because it's not my custom build. Once I get comfortable on it with the electronic shifter I will swap al the parts over necessary ti get Carmen back on the road. Hence the name, Fall Guy.

I'm pretty sure I can get it on the road today. I'm going to lower the rear end for two reasons. 1. So my short friend can ride it for me and make sure it's on the level and 2. It will be easier for me to plant my right leg down.

Here's some pics of its current state:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RED_GREASE/SV650%20The%20Fall%20Guy/IMG_20130526][/quote]

yer smile made me smile as well Mark!

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

/IMG_20130527_140726_956_zps963f3e63.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ooooh yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about! Cool bike and an awesome pic. So many things about this pic that I dig. My favorite on the whole site :thumbsup:

Good luck on the build man. Sub'd fo sho!

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Best of luck and sub'd ! Gun' be awesome

1 - 20 of 31 Posts