141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Went to visit Steve last night to sort out a plan, ended up fitting the titanium cans as I couldn't leave liz in the company of others without having some titanium fitted

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
That arrow exhaust is a thing of beauty james!

Reactions: JamesHambleton

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
That arrow exhaust is a thing of beauty james!
The arrows are starting to grow on me more than the delkevic's. Forgot, I've got some more pics.

This one is featuring Steve's lovely shoes!

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Just been round tonight on my way home, funny enough, we've discussed some plans on different plans on allowing the bike to have more steering lock angle. As currently she has a turning circle of a boat somewhere in the region of about 10/15 meters range on full lock, no good on uk roads.

We'll be looking at either moving the radiator, and/or, modifying the yokes. As things currently stand the yokes hit the radiator.

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Thanks to Suzuki man for some proper home made brackets.

We've moved the radiator down and backwards to give the steering more angle and to help get more clearance.
Made up a bracket and mounted the oil cooler in the new position.
Forks now hit on the frame so that's amount as much lock as I can get :oops:

With some cardboard and some snippers ( and a bit of tape) Steve made up the base design for the undertray, and ideas for mounting the battery, cdi, reg rec and coolant expansion bottle.

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Quickie update, Race technologies Dash 2, and moto gadget system have been purchased. Domino quick action throttle, this isn't a route I were expecting to go down but now... It just makes sense and my bank account is weeping haha. Pics to follow later this week

·
old fart
3,738 Posts
Well as James wont post any updates, i suppose its up to me to keep everyone abreast of his bodging and bending antics, he has purchased some nice German electrical assets, we have made the undertray/electrics home.
James has mounted his new dash using my cast off dash mounting plate, and he has got wires going in every direction at the same time!

here he is hard at it!!!!

·
Wanna be racer
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Pft, sneaky little bugger aren't you... still got a day left since my last post. :fu:

Decided a rough position for the Dash 2.

Mocked up the domino throttle and the Motone buttons, rerouted the throttle cables.

Off with the airbox to find the choke cable, one quick measure and I've found a nice choke to replace it with since it's getting deleted off the handlebars now that I'm not using the oem switchgears.

Progress stopped for a short while then my other Motone button came and Something called a "M.Button" or German witchcraft . Drilled the bars for the cables to go into the buttons, fiddly fuckers THE LOT OF THEM!!! Left the cables lose as the dash wasn't in place to know the cable lengths.

Started on making the mounting plate for the Dash 2, some of those files aren't pleasant on the ears.. squealing little things..

With some more fiddling, scraping and bodging as Steve like to call it ( I call it using his "old" things), the dash is all mounted up

Started getting the buttons for the dash wired up and planed for the cable routing. The joys of having 25 wires just for the dash!

141 - 160 of 175 Posts