Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
or just jay
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Cat man can: This friend of mine from way back {one of my closest friends} I have talked about him in some of my other story's so you might recognize him Tony Cattalano I call him CAT .I met the guy in high school through my girlfriend she new him well and thought we would get along great .
She was rite we became instant friends and spent a ton of time together working on cars trucks and whatever, if we didn't have somethin torn down in my driveway than we did in his. We would traded cars back and forth all the time .Tearing up the streets of our town was the normal thing to do back in the late 70`s.The best thing of all was going up in the hills on any summer night parting and driving the wheels off somthin.
I had a little more experience behind the wheel than cat when we met and he used to admire the way I could handle a car. It wasn’t long before he was slinging a 3000 pound car through the hills like a natural. we would park drink beer and dream about what we were going to do with our life’s till the sun came over mt Hamilton pushing the darkness out to the ocean .on many occasions he would tell me he wanted to race something anything some day. me on the other hand well I was into the building of the cars probably more than the driving of them.
Cat got this a look on his face when he spoke about racing that you never saw any other time. I figured he was not just beer talking that boy had set his mind to it and it was only a mater of time .
one night Steve Cat and I we were drinking and raisin hell. my 55 Chevy was running good as always .listening to skinard and zz top just being kids.
well I was showing off and wound up hitting a telephone pole head on at about 70 miles per hour.
Could have killed us all but didn’t. we walked away for the most part.
I walked away that night missing something though. I lost my ability to drive the way I used to. never again did I poses that skill behind the wheel that was such a big part of who i was back then .my mind got made up for me that night. I was going to be a wrench not a driver.
time goes by and i am doin my best to learn my trade and i am pretty good at it. Tony marries his high school crush one of my female best friends Beth/woodser. To this day i have never seen 2 people more in love than them. They are both in so many of my favorite memory’s that I probably think of them 4 days a week.
They move to organ started their life and family And I visit them 2 or 3 times or they would stop and visit now and than over the next few years.
I love these to people more than my education will allow me to explain. No mater what the time or distance has been when I have them on the other end of the phone it is as if their hasn't been Evan a year let alone twenty gone by. It is the damnedest thing. well one day i get a call from cat telling me that he is wrenching for a stock car team. I get off the phone and think some bitch .It wont be long now .Sure enough i get a call from cat a while later he tells me he bought a race car and is going racing at the local track in a couple weeks. Once again i get off the phone thinking god damn cat is doing it. just like he said he would. I remember thinking damn that boy knows how to live his life.
cat is a mouton boy through and through.He`s quick in the head you know .I don’t know how to say it .He sees things coming at him real well. I think partly because the guy is on top of things in his life. if you are in Tony’s world than he will no all their is to now about you he really cares about the people in his life weather it be me or a co worker or the guy he needs to pass to get behind the leader.
i can promise you this cat will know them better than they will know cat.yeah that will help behind the wheel.
that memory of his its almost irritating the fucker doesn't remember every fuckin little detail of every thing. he remembers only the important part’s of every thing he comes across.thees things that make the guy who he is are going to be a big part of the way he will race.well i am almost done thinking about it but to more things pop into my head. if his wife is backing him up than good results will be in the future.i`m convened Tony and Beth together could snatch a lightning bolt from the sky and light my smoke with it. the last thing i remember thinking was i sure wish i was up their to help.
i start receiving reports from cat of top 10 finishes than a couple wins. yeah it seams cat is a natural .Over the next few years he became the one to beat . i am telling you now this man is living his dream it rely does happen. Mouton boy marries his true love has 3 amazing daughters, has friends that love him .family that support him, fans that come to see him in a race car.yeah the guy does the living thing right. a couple days ago I am on my bike i just stopped at my sisters and as i pull my glove off the cell rings so i scramble for my glasses and it is cat so i stuff the phone in my helmet and Tony begins to tell me about the race of his life [so far] at sunset speedway . 12 years earlier cat won the first one hundred lap race that the track held he is the only driver to start and finish every 100 lap event. finishing 7th place or better every year. racers from all over come for this event. they bring the best equipment available . they know they will need it.
let me tell ya a little more bout cat before i go on. Tony doesn't have a pit crew like a lot of guys do he has help at the track when he needs it but no crew chief tire and setup guy no damage team all wearing team shirts. none of that shit. 7 days before the event cat decides he is going to race the event. the only car he has is that first car he bought years ago an 81 Montycarlow.its been sitting in the backyard growing weeds like a planter box. Their is no motor or trans in it so he arranges to barrow a cherry picker makes a couple calls and borrowed an engine from a friend. day 6 he is in the guy’s drive way with hand tools pulling the motor out. he tells me nothing went smooth he fought the thing all week with frame problems trans problems bent headers you name it. he gets it together does a couple donuts in the backyard and loads it on the trailer .didn't have time to Evan wash the thing. let alone scale the car or setup the suspension nothing.
he arrived at the track late missed the chance to run some practice laps . they let him run 3 safety laps to check brakes and setup but only at 1/2 throttle. Tony hadn't raced in 6 months. bam! he goes out and sets fast time. not only fast time but faster than the frigging wingless sprint cars. hit your kidding me is all i could say. so he start`s the race about middle of the pack of twenty cars. on lap 4 their is a spin and a guy is sideways down the strait gets t boned by the guy in front of cat so he drives down low to avoid the carnage as he drives by the driver of the car that got t boned floor's it to get himself off the track and plows into Tony’s passenger side. he tells me he looked at the door bars smashed half way to the trans hump and the front fender sticking up in the air.
he said jay as i am driving to the pits and people are yelling at him that the car is junk. by the time he roles to his trailer Tony said their was 20 people from all over the pits ready to help. cat said the upper control arm was crushed in about 3 inches and their was only about 2 inches of tire touching the track. Tony said shut the hood i am going for it.4 other cars didn't come back out and when Tony rolled back out the stands went crazy and most were at the fence cheering. for the next 96 laps with a bent seat a loose steering column and rubber from the tire flying into the car he lapped all but 2 drivers and took 3rd place. as i am listening to him tell me the story i am thinking that was the coolest thing i ever herd and i am getting a lump in my throat .i am so proud of him and so happy for him that a tear is roiling down my cheek. nothing has ever done that to me before. I had to get off the phone and call him back. that day Tony and Beth made history . low buck against big buck shiny against dull. none of that matters to Tony he will drive whatever he has right to the front with good old fashion grit smarts and hart . Its every race fans dream to see a race like that and its every racers dream to be able to give it to them.

Tony Cattalano has been wining races all of his life . and sometimes he does it in a car.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
will my dream of you telling us this to a web cam so we can see your facial reactions, voice tons and body language ever come true? :(

·
or just jay
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will my dream of you telling us this to a web cam so we can see your facial reactions, voice tons and body language ever come true? :(

shit nailbomb i am trying budy

i gues i will have to move that little project up by the barn door so i trip over it every day till i get it done ha

well their you go
project moved to front just for you mr bomb . thanks for the nudge

·
The Broccoliciousness
343 Posts
God that makes my head hurt. I really need to just give up on trying to read these.

Reactions: jaybuilt

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
As always you never let us down Jay.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
what makes your head hurt is to much book smart and not enough life smart.their are things going on in that story that are exactly what you should be reading.fuck the spelling and shit try to get the point of the story and it should be worth the effort .
More than likely it is the spelling and grammar, but the information shared is worth it for the read.

Thanks for sharing these with us jaybuilt.

·
ill make it fit
727 Posts
dam dude thats gave me a whole new out look

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Hell Jay, that should be inspirational to ya, even with the physical pain homie suffers he still reads the story. Keep writing or even better get the camera set up like Nailbomb asks, that would be the shit! :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed every story and get happy everytome I see another one posted.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
I would honestly post a blog jay (with your permission of course)

with your latest youtube video. i am sure you would become popular pretty quick.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
I swear this shit is like crack cocaine. I love reading it but go away with a headache and yet every time I see a new story I gotta read it ASAP. Sweet story bro

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
I love these stories Jay. Nothing beats real life stories and you seem to have a shipping container of them!
And fuck spelling and grammar. I can read your stories just fine. It's not how the words are spelt, it's the way it's written and the story itself that makes the impression.....

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

·
6 Posts
Jay im pretty much speachless after reading that story,it brings back aflood of memories and emotions.You seem to have agift for painting a perfect picture for all the events of our past and present.
i finally had the opertunity to read it to Beth last night and it brought her to tears,[thanks good sex for me]your discription of the race was right on too,fucken amazing night.the only thing im lacking up here is you....Bro we gotta hook back up, we could killem were ever we run or do,
Gotta go now,taken the wife camping deep in the coast range for a few days,Later
CAT and WOODSER

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Cool, welcome aboard Tony :)

The last line is the best line in the story...winning races his whole life, sometimes in a car. That's a Hollywood subtitle right there.

·
or just jay
1,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts