Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im contemplating upgrading from stock. I am not sure what stage I want... I saw ebay has a kit from Sigma for 80$, and the install seems easy from what I read.

Anybody recommend what route I take? What company I go with?

also, if i decide to have a shop do the work, what would they typically charge?
I just am juggling 100 projects and etc...depending on price I may just pay.

I need my carbs cleaned anyways, Im sure the jets are plugged from winter storage. Would ordering a kit be killing two birds with one stone?

could I remove the carbs and just send them to be done?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any reason you think the bike needs to be rejetted? Flat spots, bogs, unable to rev out, etc.

Idk how a shop would charge, but I'm guessing you'd be looking at paying $50-60/hour or more + way too much for any parts they may supply.
eh, not really... just doesnt start after winter/taken apart. So im guessing the carbs need cleaned (again).. but it could alsobe spark (will check tomorrow)

I wanted to just jet it for the hell of it if Im gonna have the carbs taken apart and it wasnt expensive

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An over-jetted bike can lose a fair amount of power. I know you're probably not too concerned with fuel mileage, but clothes that smell like unburnt fuel and oil- diluted oil is something I know you don't want. If it ain't broke....Jmo, of course.
yeah, you're probably right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts