So I fully intended to D some W last night after work but wound up working late instead.
The plan is to get the engine cleaned up and back in the frame. Then get the swingarm cleaned up and back in as well. I have to replace the steering stem bearings and then will paint the tripled and get them back on the bike. Once I have a roller again I will start on son of the truck stuff. I've got to finish my carbon fiber side covers and fender. Also have to get the dent out of the tank and then strip it down to bare metal.
In the meantime I found a set of ZRX shocks on eBay with a $100 starting bid. I bid a max bid of $175 and got them for $157.50. They normally sell for around $300 so I call that a good buy.
Got a few things done in the shop today. I actually got to test out my new heater since fall has finally decided to show up and its in the low 40s right now. I'm terrible at taking pics sometimes because I get so focused but I will show you what I have.
I started with cleaning the engine up:
It was pretty nasty from just sitting in the shop for a year. I got it all cleaned up and also got the swing arm as clean as I could. All I was using was some simple green, shop towels, and a wire brush.
And all back together:
And with the new kickstand bolted up:
Looks like its going to work out perfect. I wont know for sure until I get it back on the ground. I also ordered new steering bearings and one of many ELR decals
Got a bit done yesterday. Nothing really picture worthy though. I got the wiring harness put back in and hooked up for the most part. I am waiting to get the front end back on before I hook up the headlight and gauges. I still need to make new set of plug wires and finish tidying the harness up.
I found the slow leak in both tires. The valve cores were loose. Tightened them up and temporarily mounted the wheels to check the lean angle of the new kickstand. It worked out perfectly. Also wound up gaining about an inch with the ZRX shocks. I think the stance is pretty spot on.
Was out playing army this passed weekend so nothing huge. I got the rear wheel mounted hopefully for the last time. I also wasn't very happy with my restarts so I bought a set of Sato knockoffs that are fully adjustable
Got some work done today even though i am dealing with a semi hurt back. I got the front wheel mounted back as well as the handle bars and front brakes. I also got the rear sets mounted. They are much nicer than what I had on there
Also put everything together to make sure everything would fit with the new tank
Pretty well pleased with how it's all coming together
So as you can see in the picture, I did get one side cover mounted. That one is salvageable and will be used. The other one is not so it will be re done. The chain guard for the swinger showed up today. It will be prepped for molding as I plan to remake it out carbon as well. Yes I am hooked!! Also just ordered a set of race tech springs at a much higher spring rate. The stock rate is .763kg and I went up to 1.1kg per racetech recommendations.
Got a bit more done tonight. My plan was to get the brakes bled but I had to take care of the rear brake pedal first. For some reason the way the pedal attached put the mc at a weird angle
So I used a very exact measuring device and drilled another hole
And now we are in business
So now the front and rear brakes are bled. Still having issues with the clutch but I believe that the slave cylinder is the issue. Even with a new set of seals I can still hear air moving in and out when I pull the lever. Off to eBay I guess
Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
A forum community dedicated to Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, builds, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!